Full Service Lease?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by notmycbhandle, Jan 26, 2014.

1. notmycbhandle

notmycbhandle Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Cowtown
    I'm looking at a L/P deal through a dealership the truck is brand new and has a full service maintenance package covering everything except fuel and washer fluid. I haven't read the fine print yet but assuming there's nothing evil hidden there what would you guys see as a reasonable ballpark for a monthly payment? I have a number, I think it's a touch high so I'd like to hear what you guys think is reasonable and/or are paying

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Your going about this all wrong. You need to develop your business model and do a business plan. Decide before you even look at a truck what kind of hauling your going to do. Weather you are you going to lease on or get your own authority. Then you'll need to estimate what your revenue per mile will be. After you do all that you can then start playing with the numbers to see what kind of truck you can afford and what kind of truck makes the most sense for what your going to do. Plan on hauling van freight coast to coast, better get the most fuel efficient truck you can find. Plan on doing heavy haul to mines then that large car with the cummins 600hp makes sense. Signing on with a mega carrier for 90cpm then that 2006 Century on the back lot is the right choice.

If you'd already done your business planning you wouldn't have to ask us about what truck to buy, the numbers would have already told you.

4. notmycbhandle

Jan 18, 2014
    Cowtown
    Ok I think you misunderstand me Rizen, it's not a question of spec, or fitting in my business plan. I've been working on those for almost 6 months now. The numbers I've run say it's doable and shouldn't adversely affect my bottom line much, what I'm trying to figure out is if I'm getting screwed, and if so, are they're using lube? The number I'm being quoted is 3285 per month over 5 years and literally includes everything but consumables like fuel, bug juice and maybe oil.

5. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    That's a joke. You should just buy a used truck. You can get one for 1k a month and have that much left over for repairs. That's just way too much $

RizenPhoenix Thanks this.
  6. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN
    Schilli leasing. Last week quoted me $500 a week plus .10 a mile for month to month full lease. Same thing only thing you provide is fuel. These where used trucks though. It would be cheaper if you did a long term lease.

7. rockyroad74

rockyroad74 Heavy Load Member

I have no idea what your operation will be, so I cannot say if that lease payment will fit.

I do know that no owner ops I know or have even heard of, are doing a full service lease. That should say a lot right there.

I also can tell you that cost is higher than what my old used, pre-emissions era truck costs me, by far.

8. notmycbhandle

Jan 18, 2014
    Cowtown
    Thanks guys that was what I was thinking too. Like I said it's doable but I'm looking to not get taken to the cleaners.

@rockyroad74: There are actually several companies that provide this sort of deal Penske, Maxim, and International via a subsidiary called Idealease to name a couple.

9. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    You can get a brand new truck from lone mountain for $1k/mo. less(same 5 yr length of contract). That's $12k a year so yeah I'd say your getting hosed because I can't see the cost of maintenance on a warrantied truck costing as much as an inframe every year.

dude6710 Thanks this.
  10. hi beam

hi beam Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Hi Rizen.... Don't think you are going to get a BRAND NEW TRUCK from Anyone for $1000/mo. on a 5 year lease..
    You can get a used truck for that thou.....

11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

It would help if the OP gave a bit of info on what make / model the truck was , how is it equipped that all figures into the PRICE / Lease and $197,000.00 to lease a tractor for 5 years is a bit on the HIGH side .

Here is what LONE MOUNTAIN has to offer today http://www.lonemountaintruck.com/inventory/ for basic comparison as theres are not full service lease

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.