Full Set of Auto Socks snow chain alternatives

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by SteveScott, Nov 28, 2022.

1. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I have a full set of 6 plus 2 spare (8 total) Auto Socks size AL79 for tractor and trailer for sale. Asking $500 for the set which sell new for around $900 depending on where you shop. They also sell these at TA/Petro, but you'll pay even more than retail there. If you don't like my price, make me an offer I can't refuse.

These are brand new never used still in the sealed packages. If you frequently chain up in snow conditions, I DO NOT recommend getting these as they do not hold up under frequent use. But on the other hand if you don't chain up but need to carry chains to be legal, these are legal in all 50 states, and if you absolutely do have to use them, they do work great in snow. Not so much on ice or dry pavement which destroys them quickly. Each package of 2 socks only weighs 4 pounds, so they are light and much easier to store than bags of steel chains. I only ran the west coast and never chained up, but carried them to be legal wherever I went. There are many videos on YouTube which show how fast and easy these things are to install and take off. Much easier than steel chains.

Shipping these will cost me around $100, so I'll split it with the new buyer and charge $50 for shipping and insurance.

71gKO9eFyAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I give you lots of credit for selling something and being out front about the cons of the product as well.
    You rarely see that.

Concorde and SteveScott Thank this.
  4. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Where ya located @SteveScott

Maybe someone could pick up in person

SteveScott Thanks this.
  5. SteveScott

Nov 10, 2015
    Northern California in the north bay area. I'd be willing to meet somebody along I-80 in the Fairfield area just to get these things out of my garage.

6. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Sent you a message.

Concorde Thanks this.
  7. SteveScott

Nov 10, 2015
    I've decided to sell them on eBay. I just looked up recent sales of this size on eBay and most are selling for full retail price on there.

Siinman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.