FullMetalJacket at Prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by FullMetalJacket, Nov 19, 2013.

1. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Boy, time sure is relative out here.

Seems like it's been forever since I updated this, but I guess it's only been a week. Sooooo much occurs and just kind of blurs together.

We dead headed to CA for a load to WI. Then ran from WI to UT. In UT, we took on a repower to get my co-driver to WA to see family.

From WA, I took a load to hand off to someone else in ID. His truck ran into issues short of rendezvous point, so I continued further to get to where he was in shop. Just short of getting there, the 'ol light show & engine shutdown occurred again. Yup.....same 'ol, same old. So.........I wound up at the same shop as him! Can't make this kind of stuff up. Freighty THINKS (....really?:biggrin_25517:) this time that they traced it to faulty wiring to sensor. Yeah.... been there, done that. I have the utmost confidence in their abilities! :biggrin_25523: Again.......we'll see. It's all we can do.

I next grabbed a load in ID to run to Salt Lake to hand off. Went fine and got a PM service done at same time.

Picked up another load to take up to WA, and APU went on the fritz in 90F temps when stopped for 10hr break in OR. Cab heating up makes for a great alarm clock! (Can you say "Sweat Hog"?).:biggrin_25521:The batteries to truck had run out, to boot! So....had to jump start off reefer unit. Going to make a run to Thermo King after deliveries & hopefully get straightened out.

Never a dull moment out here! Always something to keep you on your toes, though at times you may feel as if you stubbed them good.

PEACE
    ;)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
  4. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    I'll be taking the instructor course at end of the month.

5. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

Same here! Will have to look out for you. ;)

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Oh gawd! They're gonna spawn more lil driveroids! :biggrin_25521:

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  7. Easy Steamer

Easy Steamer Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Don't worry we'll all be lookin out for both of yor LOL

FullMetalJacket and PChase Thank this.
  8. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Been a bit since updating, I guess.

Think I had one more light show/shutdown not long after last post up in Maine. Last Freightliner replaced yet another sensor, and has been running great again. Finally heading toward 2nd PM in a row with no issues at all. Fingers are still crossed, but we are far past the regular intervals where it was triggering before. Plus, DPF system pretty much all new now. Man.....have really grown to hate the emmisions control crap. Sole source of ALL our problems for last year, as truck mechanically solid aside from that.

Not bothering to update trips any longer, as that is getting pretty redundant at this point. Let's just say I'm a ping pong ball bouncing coast to coast for the most part, and everything in between. Love having the entire country as my playground. Lovin' the life.

Probably not going to update this thread much anymore, so it will probably die a natural death. Hope it may have at least helped someone making a decision or anyone coming in to Prime. Never thought I would keep up with it.

Anyone can feel free to ask any questions here if they would like...............otherwise, I'm a permanant fixture in the main threads.

Best wishes & Great hopes for all that may follow.

PEACE Y'ALL ! :hello2:

hal380 Thanks this.
  9. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Ahhh.......,

Finally going to take some home time for a wedding in Akron/Cleveland if we ever get finished getting loaded here in Rockford, IL.

"Ebola Central, location #2"..........here I come! ;)

10. hal380

hal380 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Connecticut
    Great thread - Thanks

11. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Third PM without any issues, just before I jumped off. So, over 60,000mi with no problems at all.

Finally getting to see what we are capable of running as a team. Only been two days off, but eager to get back out. Hard to believe, after nearly a year without being off, feel like a fish out of water right now.

Ahhhh, only a day or two more.........

PEACE
    ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.