Funny story about Coyote

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by rollin coal, Jul 15, 2015.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Maybe for someone doing contract. But I am hearing of 5% rate increases for contract carriers since fuel has declined. I do rate quotes on the spot mostly based on how big of a need I sense. That fuel is cheaper this year compared to last really is nothing I even consider. Besides that nothing else has gotten any cheaper out here. Coyote's quote had little to do with the decline of fuel and everything to do with the over saturation of trucks out here.

D32, Ruthless and truckon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    This is what I hear from brokers. I agree, fuel is much cheaper so I'm saving .15-.20 a mile but rates are down .30-.40 a mile. I think the issue is too many guys ran out and bought trucks last year when things were good and add in all the guys not hauling freight related to the oilfield and there is an oversupply of capacity on the spot market.

I guess the moral of the story is there really is very little loyalty in this business. It doesn't matter that you helped somebody out yesterday, they'll cut your throat tomorrow.

heavyhaulerss and ChromeNut Thank this.
  4. Epmtrucks

Epmtrucks Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2013
    I will have to say that oil independents are putting a lot of pressure on us deck guys due the slump in oil. It seems that after observing there operations and seeing there equipment at some of my customers that they will not be around for the long haul. They where to one deminsional to proffit in my world. And they seem to be on the ropes. The guys who have and do stick around 20 plus years, will prevail.

5. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Cash is king. There always seems to be a fresh supply of the gullible even after many get wiped out. The longer this goes on the better off survivors will end up.

CanadianVaquero Thanks this.
  6. Epmtrucks

Mar 31, 2013
    Cant wait for elds. That will be a1 to 3 year yee haw. UPS closed the deal on Coyote 1.8 bil. Cash and credit. Maybe they see what I see. Bring on the elds !

7. rollin coal

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I want to believe ELD's will help improve rates but I will believe it when I see. I am looking forward to leveraging my truck with a fresh 11/14 in the late afternoon when most everyone else is burnt up on hours. I still hate them and will never do a 10 hour break within 200 miles of the house guaranteed I will drive home ELD or not.

8. Epmtrucks

Mar 31, 2013
    Ditto. Its only illegal if you get caught. 4 to 5 from home......you know it.

9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Depends what kind of ELD will be required, if its current Qualcomm style, its not gonna be a big deal...but if it will be European style ones, its gonna be a tough one

10. Fr8Life

Fr8Life Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2015

I have seen you post about Coyote and TQL and it seems like you just do not like brokers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.