Funny things you have seen at truckstops

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by starmac, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    TheTA in Laredo Tx. A fellow who spends a lot of time there on turn around. We've got to be pretty good friends. I was loading up my plate at the dinner buffet and heard a familiar voice behind me. He was addressing the waitress, not me. "Hi Honey. I'm home!"

D.Tibbitt and expedite_it Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrlanza

Mrlanza Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Redstone Arsenal, Al
    Big Cabin, OK.
    By the cash register, there is a board with pictures captured from the CCTV of people who were caught shoplifting or using bad checks.

One of those pictures is not like the others.
    I don't want to spoil it, but it's worth a chuckle.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Coffee. I had three stanley thermoses and hand them to the gal to fill from time to time. When they are not used to that much they askance about it. I tell them the coffee is the staff of life when I don't see one of these truckstops for a few days. I can always reheat it on my manifold.

If anything at all those #### thermoses withstood everything, dents and all. With one special exception. Never ever put them behind the drivers airride seat. One good slam takes care of it. (These are the double walled with glass inside and vacumn outside towards the outer steel container.)

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    HAHAHAHAHA. That is great.

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    The problem is there are very few decent places to eat at anymore. I can count on 1 gags thre restaurants that are easy to get to in a tractor trailer that will serve a meal that tastes better than I can prepare myself in the truck. So since I can't get a decent meal away a restaurant, a fridge/freezer, convection oven, electric skillet, crock pot, and instapot are required items in my truck. The camping grille comes out if im laid over for a day.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  7. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    This had to have been 13 years ago. I'm sitting at a truck stop in PA. Can't exactly remember where. I'm finishing up my log for the day on my steering wheel. This couple walks in front of my truck carrying two fast food bags, the kind that is so big it has built-in handles. They get to their truck he's still holding her hand helping her in the truck. She gets both feet on the first step and as she's about to lift up her foot to the second step this guy puts on a spin move putting her butt on his shoulders. Doing a squat like lift pushing her up into the truck.

I go to grab my cb mic and before I can key it up I hear, 'i saw it too driver.' I said, thank you just wanted to confirm what I saw.

D.Tibbitt and starmac Thank this.
  8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Irrc, it was the Boise Stage stop that had a table hanging on the wall, with all the dished glued to it. There was a reward sign for the name of the folks that had glued the dishes to that table. lol

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Light Load Member

May 7, 2010
    Trenton, NC
    Ex 4 in GA on I-20, it's the Newborn Truckstop, Tallapoosa, GA. It is just past the Pilot. Good food, reasonable price. I stop there often.

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    IMG_20200108_075926.jpg
    Got to get that reception.

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Light Load Member

May 7, 2010
    Trenton, NC
    LOL, Welcome to the world of truckin' it ain't pretty.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.