Furniture Row Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Cybergasm, Sep 3, 2014.

1. bigredokc

bigredokc Light Load Member

May 15, 2014
    Well thats the most info I have heard!! Guess we will give it a chance too. I sure will miss this small place!! Now we will be swallowed up in a huge co!! What's DON GOING TO DO??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I cant see Celedon paying you guys .38cpm and the other employees .34cpm for very long. Something is going to have to give or there are going to be a lot of pissed off Celedon employees. Maybe a pay raise for their current employees is in the works.

Or they could be like most mega carriers and lying out their behinds.....time will tell.

Wishing you all the best of luck as it progresses.

4. bigredokc

May 15, 2014
    We make 48 cents per mile for teams and Celadon starts their teams out at 47 with experience. So that part may be true

5. Huckebein

Huckebein Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    I got my call from the Celedon man a few hours ago... I'm not totally sold on going through with this... I am looking at the North Dakota Bakken oil fields real hard!!! Hauling frack water pays well... Actually, I am quite qualified for heavy haul as well, so I might do quite well up there... Celedon has a lot of issues, according to the vast material I have read... I left Landstar, sold my equipment, and hired on with FROW... I joined FROW about two and a half years ago, and enjoyed the regional operations getting through the house often... I will likely follow through with being "purchased", but won't stay long if they fail to measure up...

6. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    A friend from Hauk said that within 90 days they were told that there was a new pay scale coming out and their pay was dropped to .34 cpm. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

7. bigredokc

May 15, 2014
    I hear you! We haven't talked to them yet but waiting to hear what they have to say! Good luck wherever you go!

8. Huckebein

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    I was wondering about that as well... This goes further, we are to get the KW T-680, the truck they reserve for teams (and has a problematic engine)... But then, we have some pretty lucrative accounts; accounts they are taking over, and likely want familiar faces showing up at... Also, we are reefer, as opposed to dry box, and trippling their capacity in that realm... How could they expect to retain any drivers with a pay cut??? The big problem for Celedon is: Most of us are very hireable, if they do something wrong, many of us will leave... If most of us leave, some of those accounts will likely leave as well... That would make the purchase a failure... Celedon has not purchased any real estate, and most of the equipment likely does not meet their standards, so they purchased the operation, and driver pool...

9. Huckebein

Sep 4, 2014
    Canton, Kansas
    Perhaps Don will go flying... I wish I would have gone flying with Don...

10. bigredokc

May 15, 2014
    Well if Celadon thinks we would stay no matter what they are really big fools!! We are getting everything they promised in writing so there won't be any " We never said that" going on! Brown trucks?? I hate brown!!

11. bigredokc

May 15, 2014
    Poor Don't he should of stayed in Australia!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.