Gainey Sold

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by Crash935, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Sounds like ol' Harvey came out smelling like a rose. I worked at GTS for 15+ years and they treated me pretty good. Harvey himself handed me a couple of pretty sweet bonus checks.

Good to see that most employees and drivers that are left will be able to keep their jobs.

3. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I worked for these guys for a short time...made big big bucks...they were the last of the Renegade companies...

4. Crash935

Crash935 Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Wyoming Mi
  5. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    Are you delusional?

6. ghostchild

Jan 16, 2009
    When you get a load as a solo driver from Conneticat to San Diego CA...that delivers in 3 days...yes...I call that renagade...

But I doubt they do that anymore...

7. Food Hauler

Food Hauler Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2010
    PA
    :biggrin_2559: That brings back memories. My first OTR job was with Gainey of Indiana, later called Sunrise USA before uncle Harvey merged that outfit into GTS. Best one I remember picked up in Jersey on a Monday morning. Delivered in South Bend,IN Tuesday morning, reloaded out of Elkhart,IN headed for Cordelia,CA for Thursday afternoon. Friday morning instead of a load over the QC I get message to call dispatch. Can you be in Brooklyn, NY Monday morning? This load really needs to go, receiver has a crew hired to unload and your the only driver we have on the west coast.

Calls like that were fairly regular with them and if you didn't take the load you got the pleasure of spending the next few weeks running up and down I95

I should probably add this was 1996-1997 I doubt they still run like that nowadays.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  8. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Hey, Food Hauler...

I'll bet I know you. I was also a GOI/Sunrise USA ex. It was a pretty wild bunch back then..LOL...Drivers and dispatch...wow...Good memories from those days.

9. Food Hauler

Food Hauler Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2010
    PA
    Small world MuddyWaters, I'm sure we've met, that was pretty tight knit outfit. I was the young kid from New Jersey on Heather's board. Was only there a year, left after she went from dispatching to booking loads.

I enjoyed the time I worked there too, always found somebody to run with when you were in the triangle. Hanging out at the Waffle House up the road from Grainger...

I see your from Indiana. Do you know Randy, one of the drivers from back then? I don't remember his last name. He lived around the Sellersburg area.

Sounds like you were there when Sunrise was rolled into GTS. What happened? I ran into a few guys years later , but never got the full story.

10. ghostchild

Jan 16, 2009
    This may suprise a lot of people, but I made more consistant money with Gainey, than I ever have with any company before or after...

It was renagade though...they ended up terminating my dispatcher...Jeff?...I forget...cause he was 'cheating'...anyhow shortly after Jeff left...so did I...my bank account was 'fat'...and I wanted to go spend some money...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.