gainey transportation going to paperless logs 2010 (GTS)

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by badman976, Jan 12, 2010.

1. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    It was really bad in s. GA. After a Lowes delivery, I sat(at home) for about 2 days and another driver sat in Sylvester for 2 days. Wish I would have known you were in Lake Park...I woulda invited you to the house for some R&R while waiting.
    Rosy in ATL told me we would get about 100 autoshifts and the rest 10spds. Hmm, seems nobody knows whats what.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I was told the same as longbed, and I was told the automatics were going to people whom screwed up manuals >.>

We aren't running as hot as we had been but its normal this time of year to slow down a bit so I am unconcerned. We managed 3500 this week, might manage 4k this coming week. We've never sat long in GA, usually we get a quad graphics load lol.

We are in UT now with a ###### load. And yes 90% of the time if your disp. doesnt get you setup for something over teh weekend, you are sitting. You have to watch it, if they don't set you up with something def. bring it up before they go home. We have OUR dispatchers cell which has turned out to save us som many times from waiting for night to get their heads out of their...

4. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    was at the grand rapids, mi term today and sat in on a safety meeting today (also help it was free pizza Friday) and again was informed not only by john mcneely but also another safety guy that the new trucks will include a paperless log system also the new trucks are gonna be the new international prostars and freightliner cascadias and they should be rotated into the fleet in the next 60 to 90 days. of course the announcement of a paperless log system set off a few old timers who said they will quit the company before they run in a truck that has the paperless log system. one guy said he left Werner to get away from there paperless log system and he'll leave gts to get away from it. he wasn't to happy when a few people said the whole trucking industry will be a paperless log system soon. his reply "guess i'll get the ###### out of the trucking industry then"

so that's all i have for now c-yaaaaaaaaaaa

5. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    They will pry my T2000 from my cold dead hands.

But they can throw me one of them paperless logs...

6. badman976

Jan 5, 2010
    JustSonny Thanks this.
  7. longbedGTs

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    My curiousity got the better of me, so I called compliance and asked them if the new trucks were going to have the paperless logs. They said NO, but it is a consideration...as IROC stated earlier in the thread.
    Phew! Not looking forward to the paperless logs myself...

8. badman976

Jan 5, 2010
    wow!!!! so one part of the company is saying no and the guys in safety in grand rapids are telling people in safety meetings that the new trucks are gonna paperless logs. oh well guess we'll find out when we get the new trucks.

9. longbedGTs

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Yep, the right hand and the left hand DO NOT work in the same building! lmao! been that way since day 1...

10. jimtruker54

jimtruker54 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2007
    texas
    Dont know about now but when i ran for them it was 12 mo's of going up and down 81/95 on the east coast. and theres nothing i like about running in NY. what a stink hole.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.