Galaxy 959 DX Flamethrower....Worth $320.00 or no?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Megavolt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Outlaw CB

Outlaw CB Light Load Member

May 26, 2012
    HUSSEY1 "Happy with my Flame Thrower"

Hopefully at least as happy as the guy that got your money at likely the single largest markup over cost in CB radio history.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
  4. Nucpht

Nucpht Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Yes it might not be worth the money if you're a electronics guru and can modify a radio by yourself for a few dollars but for us other people the "Flame Thrower" works great. I purchased one and have had nothing but great reviews. I paired it with a Turner Super Sidekick desk might and people say I have studio quality sound and (the famous CB lingo) "Loud!" So if you got the money, I recommend the radio.

5. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    No it is not, from what I have been told some guy is just adding his own tweaks and calling ot a flamethrower.

6. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    OK had to log in it seems, OK just to give you a heads up a flamethrower is just a modified Galaxy and rumor has it that it's not worth what dude puts into em when compared to other radios of a higher class that the flamethrower is said to imitate.
    It's like guys that go get a 29 LTD doctored up and after its all done he should have bought a 33 HP

7. Ougigoug

Ougigoug Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Planet earth
    That's snake oil stay away!!!

There's multiple good answers as what would be a good set up, but a 100$ radio for 375$ that ain't right!

No way they could fit 275$ of mods in that radio!

8. AfroBat

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    There have been $275.00 buck mods but in the end after straining the system with all those mods they end up with a paper weight in the long run.

9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    No its not worth that money you can buy a cobra and a two pill amp for that and smoke the "flamethrower" or buy a stryker 497 for that price and have a better radio.

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I would be willing to pay $60.00 for It assuming good cosmetic condition, because it would cost me about $100.00 to remove all the snake oil in it and have it professionally realigned.

11. Delta 1

Delta 1 Bobtail Member

Nov 11, 2016
    I just picked one of these flamethrowers for $200 it's only a year old, so warranty still good.. I hooked it up too a Turner + 3 and excellent reports.. I was skeptical at first about purchasing this radio, and I probably wouldn't have paid $300 + for it, but I will give it a thumbs up.. 73

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.