Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. TheFriscoKid

TheFriscoKid Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2015
    So cool that COD is running cross platform now! We should start a truckers clan! Anyone ready to roll on that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Erm not too deep into history of ww1. I played about 40 minutes of the 10 hour demo they have still on my origin. That was about two years ago.

I have played all modern shooters since Delta Force from Novalogic series, DFLW through all of the Battlefield 1 through four series and add ons for Alaska,Euro etc. I still dabble with BF4 sometimes. However COD up to III and ARMA two and three were pretty good provided the server had voice comms for me to provide artillery support in a accurate and timely manner. There was POE Mod (Point of Existance) in which it had artillery as well if you were commander, you had access to the reconnisance satellite and could target and kill anything on the map with single shell before they have a chance to run into a house for cover. Particularly the enemy commander's own artillery coming out of his gate. Kill him just outside the gate several times and he will rage quit or uninstall game.

Looking at about roughly oh... 48 years of playing games. Internet games since 1991.

I don't play that much anymore. A little WoWs, STO and a bit of C in C generals AI game and civil war generals II etc. Battlefield is wore out and tired to me. Same old dynamics. Nothing new under the sun. Thats why I have not ordered COD modern warfare the new one. It's not something I look for in a game.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  4. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Yes the Cross platform is awesome , gonna keep them Lobbies full for a while . Plus the Campaign is sweet !

TheFriscoKid Thanks this.
  5. TheFriscoKid

TheFriscoKid Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Yes the campaign is pretty awesome! Even the Co-op mode is challenging! I think it’ll be awesome if we can get a Drivers Clan going for COD! I’m interested if anyone else is!

6. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    If I ever get home lol

7. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    We really really need a new Battlefield game. Back to modern warfare with special forces and movable subs and carriers again. We are long overdue for a game that combines everything that has ever been in a battlefield game in to one new game. BF4 is all I play at this point but Winter is coming and a military friend of mine just turned me on the game Squad. I am gonna buy it soon.....looks really realistic.

8. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I played Squad , yes it's a more focused military shooter . Not alot of players on the servers but enough to find a game .

9. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Just did a upgrade to my Potato
    Ryzen 5 3600
    1660 Super
    16 GB 3200
    Pioneer 512ssd
    1 TB FireCuda Hybrid HD
    Reused my old Cooler master Case and 550 psu

Extremely pleased loaded up Pubg and CodMW , Playing on a 1080p 1 ms 144mhz monitor with most everything maxed out . Didn't break the bank and runs silky smooth , I wish I had a miniAtx setup for the road . Happy Gamer!

TravR1 Thanks this.
  10. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Gaming ! What's new ?
    Cant wait to get home fire up COD , the cross platform allows me to play with my son . My son played on my pc and couldn't believe how much better playing on PC than ps4 .I might piece together a budget build for him . I'm looking at
    Ryzen 5 1600 12 mm chip ($85 6 core 12 thred chip ) . AMD is killing it
    450 Mother board
    1650 Super
    16 gb 3200
    I could build a mini itx build for the truck , we will see what the budget looks like .

My-Ke, Dieselboss and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Try one of the new hybrid helium assisted 4 or 5 terabyte hard drives, in either Enterprise Black or Enterprise Red. The colors on the physical sides and sometimes top of hard drives tell you that they are made to be reliable over a long time. YOU DO NOT WANT ECO ####. Green etc. Or blue etc. You do NOT want decorated harddrives.

We have a Seagate 5 tera as a large catch all in the other computer that we bought two years ago for 90 on sale during xmas. I am motivated to consider a new build that will possibly use 10 of these in SATA RAID 5. Since this will be the very last system I build the local C drive will be on the 11th of 12 SATA motherboard connections leaving one free.

Local 5 tera C drive or even indulge in a TWO tera Vertex III or equivilant that I am running on now (6 in Raid 5 off a ASUS rampage Black II edition.) The new game call of duty season two is disgusting huge in download and total size so I will be looking at a minimum of 5 tera capacity for the game stack. MINIMUM. 25 tera would be way better.

My computer is aging and I am increased in maintaince already plug this, tighten that, clean radiator etc. cluck, nurse and love on my poor computer. My cash flow has increased massively for the rest of this year getting to where I am debt free medically and am already planning the next build which will be assembled hopefully by next March.

I can blab on the specs but generally when I build systems I am evolving them what I consider a generation or son of the previous system.

RAM will be DDR 4 with a minimum of 128 GB if not double that with active cooling on them.
    CPU is a intel i9 with 6 cores and ability to run stock 3.9 which is about what I run normally and able to accept automatically a overclocking to 4.9 provided the GSkill ram is fast enough to keep up. And that the RAM's bus capacity is equal to that of the CPU if possible. I think the RAS is only about 8.0 or 9.0 somewhere in there with my current GSkill RAM DDR3 64 gig total with active coolers on them.

I am going to attempt a water cooled system rather than a fan driven one. That means I will be purchasing a case that will support this. I forget the name of the HPTX sized case I am looking at but it's going to be a expensive tower, not because of ego but because it has mass in steel inside the whole thing or even nickel that will take away heat to itself.

I had a MSI built system which for it's time a superior system in gaming, when refreshing fast enough at the monitor (120 hertz, I understand we are past 144 hertz possibly towards 170 or 200 hertz in 4K and beyond...) If you were walking down a hall and i come around the corner running really fast hardware at 120 hertz I am seeing 5 frames presented to me and you physically walking about two steps before your 60 or 30 hertz slower system updates that I am in your hall and the next update shows you in respawn.

If you had a faster system (Many do) at the monitor and enough video card to back it you are going to gun down anyone who has not refreshed as fast as you can. Leaving aside the eyes for now.

Four video cards of 1080I or better will be part of the new system. The old MSI 680 GTX 4gb is approaching 15th year of service and I lost one of the four, good for parts already. Im already planning replacements for the other three. I might just pay 600 dollars a month for 4 months and gather the top best fastest ### kicking hot cards this year. eff it. Then go after a big 32 inch fast 4K and beyond with a mountain of hertz behind it. Im sick of these little 24 inch monitors as my eyes age.(Thats another problem.)

Power? I have installed a 30 amp hospital type plug with the T. I may have another installed in this room if at all possible. When that gets in it's getting a active Ground Fault Circut interrupt and a couple of other things to protect the home I am in. That kind of power is no joke. Its a minimum of 1500 watts. May even drive TWO power supplies. I don't know yet what it will take to feed the dinosaur. Electric bill will rise again as will the cooling which is why I am looking at silent cooling cases with very large nickel steel masses to literally heatsink the #### inside of them.

CPU cooler may either be a fat 360mm radiator or 480mm radiator with four push fans on bottom and four pull fants on top backed by the case's pair of 200 MM fans below them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.