Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I'm a Pc gamer first and foremost . When at home I pc game as well as play sports games on my ps4 . On the truck I needed a mobile option with out lugging around a tv and seperate system , gaming laptop plus steam and mobile hot spot fits my needs .

x1Heavy and dca Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow I hate my iPhone word replacement

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Be very careful some of you using benchmarks as a selection tool to build a PC from parts only and a empty box to a complete living system that performs very well for you.

I built and rebuilt enough systems to know what works, both AMD and Intel in my time as some of you also have done. Im contemplating PC specs that are so extreme (for me....) such as two CPU's and then working out what I will have to do to feed these CPU's, cool them with two radiators and so on. It takes me approximately three months to carefully plan a build to the last wire. Then a month to order parts and fly em to little rock. I never ship ground truck. Because they come out of the sonora and either freeze in winter all weekend or fry under the sun all weekend. I fly em out next day to my door always.

This next build PC Im been in the planning for about a year now. This will be the last PC I build in this life and will absolutely take it to the mex possible. Im already there in some ways. when there are 10 vertex threes ready to go into Raid Five that averages ATTO scores from 4kb stripe all the way to 255 stripe across the entire disk read and write. There has already been changes and alternations to my plan because the Titan Z cards were selected and will make sure the motherboard and case can support them because there will be three in TRI SLI IT's an awful lot of money but I already am committed.

Some day when it's built I will be more than happy to post pictures. It will likely be a plain case where I manage to accomodate the radiators (Plural, two 360's with push pull x6 fans each etc) for the CPU's and possibly even liquid cooling the GPU's too. If necessary. Im just afraid of what the Titan Z will cost in two slots liquid cooling times three instead of the advanced release information that show air cooling on three slots. There are a couple of custom builders of liquid cooling equiptment of sufficient precision to build a custom liquid cooling to match the new cards then.

There is such a joy in building a system and solving problems. It's equal to building a 18 wheeler with very specific specs to meet it's battle on the big roads. I don't mind tossing a few hundred here and there for cheap obselete laptops but I will never, ever buy a PC in a store. Never ever again. I got burned really badly the very first PC i bought. I was so stupid then. Never again. I build computers and so far they do well.

Load first into a combat map and be rolling whereas the other 60 players are still loading and have not spawned.

dca and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  5. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Nice dude ! Been building pcs for 15 yrs now its addicting. I'm a mid range builder and all my stuff has a mild OC . If I wasn't driving I would be planning a new build . Intel and Nvidia have really pulled a head , hard to say coming from a And fan boy . Salute to the PC master race !

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Amen and thank you kindly.

Keep in mind I took a walk in walmart today examining Playstations for the future too. Even old dogs like me can learn and possibly join the childrens table too...

7. danny23tx

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Ps4 has its place at my table for sports and driving games .

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I'm reminded of a plaque a family member had mounted to his water vessel.

The difference between men and boy's is the price of their toy's.

I'm still a kid

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Guess I'll always be a happy kid!

dca Thanks this.
  10. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

Welp I just bought a new truck. Might need to put off buying a $5000 laptop for a bit...

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    makes perfect sense

in the other hand this amount will get ya a ps4 xbox one accessories internet flat screens and games for each

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.