Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Since I came off the road, my interest in strong computers led to gaming to see if I can design and build a system taking the games to the max potential in terms of disk read rate, screen refresh and so on plus a connection fast enough to be as close to 20ms as possible. The hobby turned into a monster. The system sitting under my desk today was around 6000 dollars using half price and holiday xmas sales as a time to buy parts for less than retail to build a new system. I use the same parts from the previous system where possible but this one DDR3 memory will have to be set aside as obsolete for DDR4 memory on the next one. The RAS and other factors on the DDR3 are no longer fast enough for gaming.

I did have two rules. No demonic games period and no hosts are allowed to abuse, mistreat or otherwise destroy people online.

I do not game as much as I used to but do stay in it where possible. Medicines have a way of making you stand fat and stupid inside a hallway when three enemies come through the door and blast you. So that's one problem. Another is the games this year and release to winter require a video drivers that are considering my current video cards obselete. I run 4 680's from MSI 4gb each in SLI stack and they have served and continue to serve. However. Newer cards are here and will replace them at great cost at some point in the future. Not this year. Cooling has become a problem, I use two radiators now and it maintains and heats my home in winter and requires full support of AC in summer. I will be adding a portable floor unit in the room with the monster to cool it. It's worth it holding at 32C on the motherboard and 36C on the CPU. But electric bills are beginning to test my willingness to maintain such monsters. Im already at 1500 watts and 15 amps. I do have two 20 amp T plugs I can upgrade and feed from in the future for two of the 1500 watt supplies. But... its getting pretty nuts.... I tell you why.

Cell phone gaming, free to play and then soak you for cash money on this and that and something else etc. That is the future. And not a good one. Alot of free to play are not. It's a cash revenue generator exceeding that of movies 20 years ago in the entire gaming industry. Billions of dollars are put in by players not willing to be run over by those with wallets.

I plan to build another machine essentially doubling what is already here in specs and it will be the last one I build in this life. I wont need a cell phone for a long time yet. What with fiber optic coming in a couple years time. Riding the light pure at the wall will take advantage of that machine.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow I really don't do online anymore. I was at one point ranked #3 in madden football online about 20 years ago when I stayed up on my nights off while doing my month on nights. Also was a great way to unwind from the job.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    I only play online cod ghosts free for all.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    at 8% I'm thinkin you got the wrong beast? there's three clubs. three bows, 8 spears, 8 bee bombs 8 of this and that. to ugrade your village must upgraded.

I'm around 40% .. hmm

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I have the belt packs etc. Maybe a different place in the game. I just took out the moon with the tri arrow and called it a night.

dca Thanks this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Just looked level 7

dca Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I hold the top 10 of about 1400 in my state in Commander for BF4 But I do not really care. It's really good to have 64 people working with you when you serve them in command on voice comms etc. We used to enjoy going into a popular public server and work together turning the opposing team into a unorganized mob. It's not really fair. But it really gets good when the other team is organized with commander on voice too. REALLY good.

Hunting humans is a drug. It's hard to explain.

What is funny in the beginning was I was looking for a outlet to run 15 hour days because that was what I was doing on the big road trucking. So in the Novalogic games we had blackhawk helicopters among other things in servers during battles that would last a day and night in real time before the particular fight is resolved to one victor and one beaten team. Running troops in for 24-30 hours was very good for me because I tried to be very good to do it and deliver them safely to attack the enemy. Many young ones found it totally boring. But... there is one for everything.

In spite of all that my specialty was artillery. In any game with actual artillery I made a small name for myself. And I see in the future (World of Warships for example) is bright in Artillery. God of war, King of Battle.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I lost interest in CoD after Black Ops came out. I bought Black Ops 2 a month after it came out and I finally got around to finishing it this spring lol. CoD 4 was my favourite by far "All Ghillied Up" and "Safehouse" are by far the best missions ever in the entire CoD series IMO. (I've only played CoD 3 thru to Black Ops 2).

Blackshack46, x1Heavy and driverdriver Thank this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    :cool::cool:
    We are a bunch of big kids

11. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Yikes get well soon

dca, x1Heavy and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.