Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I did a little COD series, but meh... I think the biggest issue I had with it is the constant circle situation in most maps. Someone is always coming up behind you. It's crazy. But I had a go with them. Arma 2 and 3 were more my speed.

FSX Deluxe with a 747 under a voice direction of a real life FAA Flight controller demanding headings and speed etc stacking us next to say Cleveland when the weather is bad. It was very good learning. I once was asked to reduce to 144 full flaps on final and squawked about it back at him preferring 2/3 flap at 160 heavy but he said, this is what they do on my work night and day, 144 please heavy. Not in so many words.

Trucking games were cute. The backing was perfect as far as im concerned but shifting is only 4 gears and the AI traffic is idiots with sceneries and so on that could be greatly improved. I did not like the implied muthatrucker though I think that was a real turn off and I did that for a living.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Yeah I feel that way sometimes even at 56

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Dam it, all I want to do is play now.

TROOPER to TRUCKER and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I have most of the call of duty games for ps3 and ps4. didn't get last release yet. have battlefield 4 with the extra map. no one was there so it sits on the shelf.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is the thing, I literally do not understand what dca said there in his game.

BF4 is being sunsetted for the coming world war one release by this winter which will be quite something I think. I do have the deluxe premium for the BF4 and all it's updates as I did all of the BF series and other games of that nature. I just decided that I don't want to push 120 dollars across the table to run the upcoming ww1 game release without also pushing a few thousand of newer video cards to run it with the 389 plus drivers from nvidia.

Star Trek is another. But that is a game which I always liked from the trekkie old series anyhow.

Im sitting on 6 SSD's in a stack of Raid 5, something like 620 gig total. I have 5 more of those Vertex 3 SSD's to turn the next machine into 10 SSDs raid 5 over a tera in size. The ATTO read and writes average from sector size of 4 through 256 stood at about 1600 kb/sec per second. Meaning I can probably download and process library of congress in a few hours. Or be more importantly first loaded into a game map and moving before anyone on the other team got loaded in.

The biggest thing I believe here in Arkansas with tornados and storms is the 1500 AVR cyberpower battery. I got one that is approaching ten years of service by the computer. Any time the storms come, the electricity is disrupted. The battery will carry the computer up to a hour or provide a few minutes BOOST to 125-130 volts at a thousand watts and 15 amps for a period of 6 minutes to assist in a fast controlled shutdown during times in which the electric company is browning us out or the literal telephone pole is on fire outside as happened a few times. I will have to find a new battery soon. I fear fumes from old cells in this one.

What gets me is the smart phone on my table yonder that I got prepaid for 30 bucks. The cpu inside that one is a 1.6 and storage is 2 gb. These were the specs of a top of line 2000 dollar custom computer in 1998 that I ordered once upon a time with the famous NVIDIA Ti4600 video card. The card was 500 dollars with a three week list for making in taiwan and airflight to California for assembly then ship to me.

That was a nice desktop, the best possible then. That little smart phone beats that computer to all.

What am I going to do when I finish my 100 pound masterpeice that sucks 300 dollars a month in power alone while smart phones take it all and do the same exact thing? I'll finish it. Just because.

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    its pretty simple if the plot of is known.
    rebuild your village, fight enemy tribes and animals, with primitive weapons.
    the animals can be tamed to use aa weapons.

not much different then other war games the tool's aren't the same

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth

10. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I'm playing elder scrolls online in my Xbox when I'm able to find a decent signal. I bought a version hotspot specifically for that setting how getting on pilot or other truck stops is a waste of time.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well, wi fi did not exist in my time at the pilots and truckstops. We would disassemble the phones looking for the 4 wire out. Patched into that and got between the phone and laptop modem. Ergo dial up and out on a 800. Reassemble phone when done.

I think that might be one of the reasons truckstops started ripping phones out and throwing booths away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.