Gantt Trucking, Lexington sc.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Johnny holt, Aug 4, 2015.

1. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio

Are you really THAT bored?!?

Balakov100 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Original snow man

Original snow man Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2017
    They run west to Texas and Midwest and east coast

Deaconblues62 Thanks this.
  4. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014

Why not bueno?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. Observant Driver

Observant Driver Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2017
    This place has gone down the tubes, sort of. Owned by an investment corporation that had ZERO experience in the trucking industry before they bought Charles Gantt, they don't have a clue about running a profitable business. Now it's all about the numbers. It seems that they are more interested in filling up seats than keeping the drivers they currently have. There's rumors about 40 new trucks coming, but apparently the head folks have decided we're going to compact all of the current drivers into old trucks first, THEN bring the new trucks in and give them to new hires. Why else would they wait 3 MONTHS to bring the new trucks in? WE RAN OUT OF TRAILERS ONCE. And instead of buying new ones, they bought a bunch of rental trailers, kept them for a couple of months, and then turned them back in. I think that they have hired almost 100 people this year alone, and almost ALL of them have quit. That's saying something about a company with only 130 trucks!

The operations folks are all a joke here. One person tells you one thing, another person tells you another, then the 1st one rips your head off for listening to the 2nd one. Not hiring the cream of the crop, that's for sure. SEVERELY UNDERSTAFFED IN OTHER DEPARTMENTS. There are only 2 people in the safety department, and sometimes they are hard to get ahold of because they are so busy. But they are wonderful folks to deal with when you CAN get in touch with them. You might as well forget about asking about payroll issues, because the 2 women who do THAT never answer their phones. Then there is the shop. The man running the shop is an old hand that is USELESS. The man is asleep at his desk every time I see him. BUT, this is the fastest repair shop I have ever seen, mainly because the guys working there (of course way understaffed) take serious pride in their work, even though they get paid #### wages.

Yes, they are pretty much all electronic logs now, but there are a few drivers still on paper. Those of us on e-logs get shafted by operations when it comes to certain loads. LOTS of favoritism here. If a person in dispatch doesn't "like" you, you're not going to make much money here. NOBODY IN OPERATIONS TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR ####. It's literally someone else's fault EVERY TIME.

Now they have started this "driver manager" format, with the idea that it will "help" the drivers out. What it really is is that all the people who have actually been there don't get to do anything besides book loads, while 2 (soon to be 3) people who are VERY NEW, get to "handle" drivers daily. There is a constant complaint of "we just are so overworked" in that office, yet every time I go in there these people are throwing things at each other, laughing, watching music videos, smashing cake in each other's faces, etc.
    And management really doesn't care. Everything is made out to be the driver's fault, or safety's fault, or payroll's fault, NEVER the fault of operations. The attitude of "truck drivers are stupid" is pervasive in that office.

No benefits, no support, no caring, no money = stay the hell away from this place.

Charles Gantt Trucking was a dynamite outfit to haul for. Gantt Trucking, in it's current form, is a pariah of the industry.

6. FLCRACKER

FLCRACKER Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Lorida, FL
    Owned by the same people that own Watkins refrigerated/Sunco

7. moonlite85k

moonlite85k Bobtail Member

May 24, 2013
    Lakeland, FL
    hear this company has made some improvements. Talked to a few of their drivers last night they said they get 2500 miles and raise every 6 months. Anyone heard anything else about Gantt?

8. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    This company any relation to the Southern Shaker Eddie Gannt?

9. Flcracker379

Flcracker379 Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2018
    Sister company to Sunco/Watkins refrigerated now

10. caretaker123

caretaker123 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Motocross25,, Eddie Gantt and Charles Gantt were brothers...Eddie was strictly 1 man owner/operator while Charles was owner of the big trucking company. Eddie and his wife Janice were good friends of mine in 70's and 80's while we all were running to California... I call Janice every Aug. 23 ( date Eddie died) just to stay in touch.... I told Janice how Eddie told me one time back yonder, she was as good as anyone he ever saw on a "set of boxes" (6x4,s)...She said " he never told me that".... But it made her feel good anyway, she said.....Janice ran the nights while Eddie ran daytime....She and I kept each other awake on the CB at night while easing along the deserts at about 85+......We could do that, back then ,,,,,,,,Great memories...of some really great people,,,,, RIP Eddie Gantt

HoundDog7, Straight Stacks and Gutter Thank this.
  11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Is it true that cold carriers just shutdown?

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.