Gasoline Tanker: Tips on how to make fast drops at stations

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by aquaman58, Dec 27, 2011.

1. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    from what i have experienced, not all stations are equal. seems like some of the old time places have small tanks with questionable vapor recovery.
    if you are dropping into newer big, empty tanks versus old, smaller tanks,
    the product naturally drops much quicker into the bigger emptier tank.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rhodey

rhodey Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2009
    New mexico
    I agree speed come's in time just do the job right. Make every move count never backtrack..If you have multiple products get your biggest gallon product going first. The smaller products will be done before the biggest. Most important of all don't get complacent alway's trace your line's before you pull that handle.

TNSquire, aquaman58 and pathfinder1361 Thank this.
  4. Higgy

Higgy Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Akron, OH
    I'll bet you work for Wayne. I did too. Depending on the drop, I could be packed up and rollin in 20 min with 8500 gal.

5. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    I guess I have no complaints about delivering to airports! I show up,do a fuel inspection, get approval, hook up and either use their pump or mine. Jet A is a single compartment and 100LL avgas is multi compartment. Unhook and leave!

6. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I did single hole Jet A or AVGAS back in '84. I worked for a crazy outfit called Aviation Fuels out of Ft.Myers. :biggrin_25526:

7. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    where did you load tampa or port ev. ?

8. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Both. Sometimes Belcher Oil in Port Canaveral. I still have my Port Everglades I.D.

Before they built a pipeline to Orlando I would turn 4 loads a day between Shell ans Page Avjet in Orlando. We hauled for UPS, FedEx, Flying Tigers, etc. We would drive down the side of the runways or parking areas past B52's.

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  9. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I guess we we lucky and farmed out all the diesel and jet-a. We did hire on one drive that all he did was load diesel take it up and over the NV test site then back down a few miles to a place that wasn't there. We only loaded gasoline for our in town stations and with all the hoses hooked up the product would come off around 20 minutes. It only makes sense when a liquid is being dropped by gravity when the vapor is pushed back into the truck that load it's coming off faster. It takes less than 2 to 3 seconds to hook the vapor up.

10. shredfit1

shredfit1 Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2008
    MN
    Don't use vapor recovery? WTF? The tank will never drain fast without letting air inside... and it takes me maybe 2 seconds to pop the cover.

11. Rug_Trucker

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN

Didn't catch the sarcasm in that did you?

When you drop diesel no VR is needed. Just prop open the fitting on the tank.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.