Gay Friendly Trucking Companies?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by joshuhl, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Sounds old school alright.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Boston,Ma.

For someone trying not to be "mean spirited" you sure are doing a ###### fine job at it.:biggrin_2556:
    All he asked for was if anyone knew of a company that might not have such a negative attitude against someone who is gay as your displaying.
    Despite your claim that it isn't "normal"it is the "norm" for those who have been gay all of their lives. There are many companies who are "gay friendly" and certainly they don't expect people to just proclaim that but it does get out in the community which places are friendly to everyone.
    Those are the companies who will offer insurance to a long term partner and maternity leave to men as well as women.
    As some "straight" companies also will. Gays aren't asking for special treatment no matter how you couch the terms.
    They want what every single person has unless you are in the minority and that is equal treatment regardless of whom you love.
    Face it many people have been involved in making sure that gays and other minorities cannot have the same protections that you and I have
    without question by forcing votes against marriage and other issues that aren't anyone's business except those couples involved.
    If this country and it's people treated gays the same as everyone else you wouldn't have to hear about people begging to be treated
    the same as you and I are!
    This has to do with peoples ignorance and misguided views
    that people who are gay have made a choice to be this way
    and that it is somehow wrong.
    You don't have to indulge in it but neither do you need to force your views on gays.
    It certainly isn't a choice and FYI there is no such thing as "normal" just because you happen to be straight darling.
    As far as your "procreation is what keeps the species going" you must not have heard about the fact that lesbian women can have babies too!:biggrin_25525:
    cigarbabe

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I believe gays should have EQUAL rights . Don't tell me gays aren't asking for special treatment . Maternity leave for gay men ?:biggrin_25521:
    What about heterosexual fathers ? Group insurance for gay couples ? What about unmarried heterosexual couples ?
    So being gay is normal because you are born that way . I guess pedophiles are normal too .
    Sure lesbians have babies . What if it's a boy ? Do you have a right to deny him a father to teach him sports and go to scout meetings and other activities ? Right or wrong the child will face much ridicule and discrimination .
    If being gay is not a choice how do you explain this ?
    http://www.wayango.com/dennis-jernigan/bio/

Native Dancer Thanks this.
  5. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    I used to think it was a choice. Then I realized it would be pretty much impossible for someone like me to make that choice as the idea of being with another man is so repulsive that nothing could happen that would lead me to that choice.

Choice or not, I don't agree with it. But people do lots of things I don't agree with. Like anything else, I'll probably let them know I don't agree with it and leave it at that. It won't be an issue unless they want it to be.

It's not equal treatment though when we redefine the meaning of a word as sacred to so many as the word Marriage is.

Lesbian women can't make babies without a mans help, sorry.

6. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    The only one I can think of is Big Bear Trucking, Inc out of FL.

7. Kittyfoot

Kittyfoot Crusty Ancient

Sep 21, 2009
    Sorrento, Louisiana
    cigarbabe, I was asked a question and answered it honestly. That's not good enough for you. No, you want me to be quiet and accept your view and you and your lefty lib buddies are quite willing to destroy my right to live my life in peace.

The trouble with your argument of what "normal" is that taken to it's purely logical end we can just throw away laws against pedophelia, rape, incest and/or any of the violence laws. No, I'm not equating homosexuality with the above, just pointing out that your statement, like so many other loony left progroms has a whole batch of "unforseen" consequences.

Hate gays? That's funny. :biggrin_2559: One of the staff at a nearby truckstop is a very effeminate gay guy. But we're all dyed in the wool members of the Who Dat Nation (Saints fans to y'all:biggrin_25522:). He knows waaaaay more about American Football than this ol transplanted Canadian ever will and gets a kick out of "teaching" me stuff about the game (like what the heck is a Nickleback?). It don't even bother me that he's in love with Reggie Bush.:biggrin_2559:

8. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Boston,Ma.

1. The supposedly "fixed ex-gay Dennis Jernigan" link doesn't work.
    2. Where did you see me say maternity leave for gay men?
    Maternity leave should be available for all men if they want it and it is available at some companies.
    97% of pedophiles are married, self identifying heterosexual men with children so there goes your "theory about gays being pedophiles" too.
    3. What about all the children having babies out of wedlock, daughters and sons of our children, aren't they denied a father who won't get to teach them sports or cub scouts too? That's fine in your book right?
    You are assuming that children of lesbians have absolutely no contact at all with their fathers, you know this to be true how?
    Please show the data and the links don't just quote what you think is true.
    I was never taught sports by a man throughout my school years including some college! So that tosses the rest of your hyperbole and perceptions of what "has to be true because they're gay" out the door.
    The pedophile may be a coach,teacher,pastor,boy scout leader or even a relative or the mothers boyfriend so what does that prove?

Parenting is not influenced by sexual orientation rather it depends on a parent's ability to create a nurturing home environment. In today's society we encounter many families that don't conform to the traditional family model. We are eyewitnesses to families made up of interracial, multiracial, intergenerational, as well as gay and heterosexual parents. Children, as a result of gay and lesbian parenting are just as happy and healthy as others growing up in a traditional household, if not more.
    There are many myths surrounding gay and lesbian parenting. One being the accusation that many homosexual parents are introducing their children to a peculiar way of life, and perhaps convincing their children to follow in their footsteps. Homosexuality cannot be "caught" nor "taught" for that matter. Neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality is contagious. For more than two decades, both the American psychological Association and the American psychiatric Association have removed homosexuality from their diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders because it is an innate characteristic (A.B.A, 1987).
    http://www.directessays.com/viewpaper/70439.html

http://childprotection.lifetips.com/cat/63575/pedophile-search-and-statistics/index.html
    Since you haven't provided any credible data for your "beliefs" let me provide you with some for mine.
    1. http://www.truthwinsout.org/learn-about-ex-gay-ministries/
    2.http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/Articles/000,002.htm
    3.http://jgford.homestead.com/

It is truly disheartening to hear usually rational people display such hatred for a fellow human being just because they don't happen to love the same gender or way that some of you do. Reperative therapy has been discredited by the A.P. A. and the American Psychiatric Association for quite some time now.
    Knowledge is invaluable people!
    cigarbabe

joshuapowell61 and Farrell 67 Thank this.
  9. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Boston,Ma.
    I never asked you to be quiet nor accept my views on what constitutes "normalcy". Nor did I say you or anyone here hated gays.
    I do find it quite amazing though for such an "open minded person" as yourself you profess to know who I am and how I vote just on the basis of my post.
    You know what they say about those who assume.:bootyshake:
    You can't hide the fact that although you again claim not to be equating
    homosexuality with incest,violence, pedophilia and rape etc. you are doing
    just that with the statement
    "The trouble with your argument of what "normal" is that taken to it's purely logical end we can just throw away laws against pedophelia sic, rape, incest and/or any of the violence laws. Please would you show some data that correlates being gay with creating an upswing of violence incest,pedophilia or rape or any of the criminal activities you've mentioned?
    Unfortunately there is no logic in your statement and you can't have it both ways. I can see that even when you call me names you still haven't backed up one of your views with any hard data.
    FYI I voted for Bush and I vote Independent.:hmph:
    So much for your "loony lefty" name calling.
    As I said before how do laws giving those different from you equal treatment destroy your life and peace?
    I'm not trying to be argumentative but none of you who have answered have addressed one of the questions I asked except for Tim. I'm certainly not asking you to redefine the idea of what constitutes a marriage as Tim noted only that everyone should be able to enjoy it or be able to lose everything in a divorce as many have! I respect your view Tim and I thank you. I believe I was speaking to a claim that somebody else made who was claiming was that lesbians can't raise a child properly not that they can't make babies!;)
    cigarbabe

notezbngrn71 and Farrell 67 Thank this.
  10. Farrell 67

Farrell 67 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Wilkes Barre Pa.
    I'm suprised at the civil tone most of the posters here tool.Good job Kids.
    There were only a few Knuckledraggers,but far less than would normally show up to bash an openly gay driver..

I'm not sure what company to point you in the direction of,naturally I would avoid any company that likes to talk about how ''religious'' they are like Covenant.You know the deal with the Bible thumpers,most of them are haters and theives.

Have you looked into some of the larger ,more reputable companies like Schneider or C.F.I??

Good luck.

cigarbabe Thanks this.
  11. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    if they're looking for safety (protection from haters/garbage talkers) i doubt there's any company they can choose to drive for that will protect them 100%, garbage can come in the form of juice, and juice slips through cracks.. i'm military and i've had my share of run in's.. doesn't bother me much cause i'm from the south but most loose it when called the N***** and that lil furry animal that walks sideways with a mask across it's face.. but if you want to be treated equally.. like with the benefits and spouse rider program like everyone else was talkin about with the maternity leave, i too would shoot for a large corp. they'd catch more crap if they tried to deny you anything because of your sexuality, there for they'd have more of a reason not to.. just know that other then your dispatcher who you might not see very much, there wont be too many chances for someone to try and assess if your gay or not.. i mean, your not gonna be standing with a group of people at a truck stop and someone spots a female walkin by and it starts with "i'd love to butter them bun" and works it's way around to you and everyone is waiting on your disrespectful comment about someone's daughter/wife/sister. and the next time someone throws the bible in ya face about being gay, ask em' if it's ok to play in lil boys booty holes cause the catholic church got plenty of air time behind that, and it's back by the pope.. not tryin to talk down on the truck, i just dont like when people use the bible as a point of refrence in todays society. my apologies to any one offended..

Truckin' Monkey and cigarbabe Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.