Gear Shifter And Shift Pattern Pictures

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by MooneyBravo, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    38 years I've driven a lot of trucks.
    I used to drive for a company called Advance.
    They had a few spare trucks in their parking lot but the one that got driven the least was the one with the duplex.
    I remember some of the other drivers used to ride me for wanting to drive that truck. I was a young guy and wet behind the ears. You know it is the more gears the better. The only thing I remember about that duplex if you had to be careful that you got that thing all the way in gear because if you didn't and it slipped back out I'll tell you what it would really teach you a lesson. It wasn't too bad of it smacked you on the meaty part of your palm but if it hit you in the wrong place it would hurt like a you know what.

There was a lot of controversy over whether or not you were supposed to stick your arm through the steering wheel when you had to grab bull shifters. Wasn't too bad unless you hit a pothole. It would break your arm.

I think I've done all the shifting that I need to do. I drive an auto transport and I love my automatic transmission.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    wore out Thanks this.
  4. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    5x4 and a 6x4 with a 3 speed auxillary (3 sticks). I had a neighbor when i was a kid that owned a 62 B model Mack with 2 sticks and 21 forward gears, and 4 reverse gears. The new sticks have made it so simple in their complexity.

5. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I was never like that until I saw this... Anyone know WTH this is? Seems like it might be a twin-stick setup. Someone's telling me it has to be fake, but I don't think so. I think it's just obscure enough or old enough that hardly anyone remembers it.
    WTF Shift Pattern.jpg

I'm thinking a crane or something back when screamin' Jimmys were popular. I've heard they'd outrun anything on flat ground, but didn't fare well on hills. Was thinking this might have been used with those to compensate?

Tall Mike and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    That's definitely fake.

7. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    That must be one hell of a PhotoShop. Doesn't look it.

8. dan31186

dan31186 Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Drove my brother's Deuce and a half the other day and thought this shift pattern was interesting.
    upload_2018-10-2_9-49-35.png

Call_Me_The_Breeze Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.