Georgia trucker arrested in NY for carrying gun without permit

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by shantyshaker12, Aug 9, 2011.

1. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

I think that things began to change when citizens were required to register our guns. That must have been sometime in the early 1970's. Politicians and special interest groups with a very left leaning began to pass legislation which further impeded our ability to own guns to protect ourselves. They used safety as an excuse to erode our second amendment rights, yet their laws actually made us less secure. States who have the most restrictive gun laws have the highest rate of assaults and deaths. They never seemed to understand that criminals don't bother to get a CCW permit or pay much attention to restrictive gun laws.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Newton2041

Newton2041 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Knoxville, TN
    Someone, please cite the regulation if it exists.

If you're employed as a driver by a company that owns the truck you're driving, the company's rules apply because you're in their property. Owner-operators have been known to carry weapons in their own trucks. You can't carry loaded firearms as cargo, but that doesn't mean legal concealed carry is necessarily prohibited in a commercial vehicle.

Again, somebody please post a link to the regulation if it's out there.

Thank you.

4. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    There is no law which specifically prohibits carrying a weapon in a commercial vehicle. There are laws in some states which restrict your ability to have a weapon in a vehicle, such as Massachusetts. There are also differing laws in states which require weapons to be transported in a very specific manner. If you want to carry a gun in your truck then it should be stowed in such a manner than it won't be readily discovered or seen. You don't want to get caught with a gun in your truck in New York or Massachusetts.

Newton2041 Thanks this.
  5. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    Many a politician has a hard time with reading comprehension. What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not get?

6. cfb34

cfb34 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2013
    you rather be caught with than without it some of the places i have been to are really uncomfortable to me and i am from 1 of the roughest nhoods of my city birmingham al so i know what can happen if u slip

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.