German motorcycle gang leader shot dead by police

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    BERLIN, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- German special forces shot and killed a former leader of a local Turkish-German motorcycle gang, a spokesperson for local authorities confirmed Thursday.
    According to the prosecution office of Wuppertal in the western German state of North Rhine-Westphalia, Hamit P. once led the gang named Osmanen Germania (German Ottomans in English), a 500-member group in which all members are Turkish Germans. The gangsters of the group are considered to have been involved in violence, money laundering and drug crimes.
    Following the news of Hamit's death, police had initially refused to confirm that the deadly shots were fired by a special forces officer, while the state prosecutors later said that Hamit was killed when police tried to deliver an arrest warrant to his apartment, or a crime site of his gang.
    Internal police reports describe the former gang leader as armed and dangerous, which is why special forces got involved in the arrest. Among many crimes, Hamit was also suspected of an attempted murder.
    As a consequence of the incident, police in Essen, a populous city in the same state, will conduct an independent investigation into the suspect's death.
    It still remains unclear why the confrontation escalated into a firefight. Hamit's widow, who was present at the time, told the local newspaper BILD that she was kicked in the back by police and her husband was shot when he "reacted" to the police. The state prosecution office was unwilling to comment on these claims.
    Nevertheless, the motorcycle club has denied involvement in any criminal activity, saying that Hamit was expelled from the group due to his repeated violations of the law.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I’ve been to Wuppertal. Unique place with a old suspended rail car in the sky.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Italian biker gangs terrorize Naples:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bakerman Thanks this.
  5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    If they saw what the US deals with in the form of the Hells Angels or the Mongols(and various other gangs)or what the Japanese dealt with as far as the bosozoku go they would cringe in fear.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    those sure are some bad looking bicycles.....how many speeds, one, two, ????

Travelling Accountant Thanks this.
  7. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Germany does not have the same rules we do.
    FWIW never run from a cop in Germany, they will shoot you

8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I'd still rather ride one of those over a Harley. :cool:

Coolbreezin and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Mods vs. rockers...

[​IMG]

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I used to have that mindset. I spent 27 years on various forms of Japanese iron, and my last bike was a ZZ-R 1200. Then I got the Harley bug and now I ride a 1997 Dyna.

Yes, there are faster bikes, better-designed bikes, and cheaper bikes out there. But my HD is stone-simple to work on, has enough aftermarket parts to turn it into anything I like, and I've never had so much outright fun on anything else I've ever ridden.

Of course, I still wouldn't mind having a 1976 CB750F in the garage, just because I have a soft spot for the very first bike I ever owned...

91B20H8 and not4hire Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Excuse me. There are no gangs. There are clubs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.