Getting A 2022 VNL 760 - What Am I In For?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Grumppy, Dec 26, 2021.

1. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Uh huh you took that picture because of the tack suit

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Yep lol I did not even know females wear something like that over there, especially with an addition of Louis Vuitton bag

mjd4277 and BennysPennys Thank this.
  4. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    Couple things, unless they changed them;
    Engine brake is short stalk on right side of steering column, above wiper control stalk, 5 positions, all the way forward is off, one notch towards you is on with air brakes only. 3rd is low, 4th is medium, and last is high.
    Wiper control, forward is delay, towards you is low/high. To change delay timing, turn on delay, when you want it to go again, pull off and back on. To reset, turn to on and back to delay. Washers, pull up.
    Left side stalk is turn/high beams/cruise control. Rocker switch at end for raise or lower speed while cruise on. Slider switch for cruise on/off.
    As said, shifter is fantastic, shifts very smooth. Engine pulls right down to 1100.
    Newer LED headlights are better than older ones and have a heater element so they don't ice over in bad weather.
    If you follow another truck too close it will start rocking, due to aerodynamics, and you won't like it!

Grumppy Thanks this.
  5. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    They did fix the Jake & wiper switches. But I did prefer the old projector headlights over the LED in winter. I found they ran hotter and were better at keeping ice of of them. The LEDs don’t seem to run hot at all.

Grumppy Thanks this.
  6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I had a 2000 Volvo. Always like the heated doors. They blow the front dash heater air into the doors. So it like having heated side doors. Volvo has heated windshield option. To keep ice and snow build up off windshield edges. My company got that on their Volvos. It looks like cool option to have.

BennysPennys and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  7. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Well, I picked up my truck Monday morning with 815 miles on it. So far, I like it. Its 400% over that International. Its just a lot of getting used to.

The transmission is the 12 speed vs the 10 speed in the International. It runs soooooooooooooo much better than the International.
    The 12v lighter plug in the cabinet behind the TV dont work. I checked the fuse but it works. I checked the plug... it don't work. :(

One thing I hate about it is the driver seat deflates every time you get up & re-inflates when you get back in it. I feel like I'm on a YoYo. Anyone know any way to stop that?
    I aint happy that there's no way to manually shift.
    It also seems to be "squirrelly". Again, could be it's just tight & just takes some getting used to after fighting/wrestling that International for 3 years. We'll see I guess.

Over all, its a good truck.... but its also new, so I'll give that some time. I think I'll be happy with it. Maybe I can manage for 3 more years in it.

8. dchawk81

dchawk81 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2017
    My Mack feels squirrelly at times as well. I think it's just because of how soft riding they are. Mack is a Volvo chassis with a different body.

Pamela1990, BennysPennys and Grumppy Thank this.
  9. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Could just be the new tires. My truck always gets like that when I replace them all

10. dchawk81

dchawk81 Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2017
    That's part of it since I have all new tires but I feel like they're wallowy moreso than a Pete or Cascadia. Even when my tires were near replacement.

Pamela1990, BennysPennys and InTooDeep Thank this.
  11. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I ordered my 860 with that option. Cant wait to try it out. It should be a life safer in the winter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.