Getting a copy of my husband's MVR

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Rdnckswife, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rdnckswife

Rdnckswife Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Big Cabin, Oklahoma
    Hi! I'm new to this forum and came across it while trying to find out where to get a copy of my husband's MVR.

Here's the situation:
    My husband & I just moved to Oklahoma 4 months ago. For the past 3 months he has worked a factory job until he could find a driving job. He finally found one yesterday and went to see the guy. It is a very small privately owned business. The owner informed him that he needs to get a copy of his MVR. Because the employer does not do this themselves, due to the cost and being such a small business.

My question:
    When we order a copy of his MVR, do we have to order a copy from Oklahoma and one from PA (the state we use to live)? I have been looking all morning and every site I have been to, it only gives you the option of entering one state & dl #. Or when we order the Oklahoma copy, will it show his complete MVR history?

I have never had to do this and I am totally lost on what to do or who to contact about this. And he needs to get this copy of his MVR asap. I would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone could give me. Thanks so much.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Not sure about OK. But we just go down to County, or State Highway Patrol, and pick one up for a small fee.

If your husband has a CDL...just pull OK, any tickets he had, should follow him..

4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I wouldn't count on full information showing up in 4 months . A company I worked for hired a driver that had his MVR show no violations . Two months later the company leased trucks from Ryder . Ryder ran all the drivers' MVR's and that same driver showed his CDL was suspended due to a 2 year old ticket in NY .
    I live in KY and can get a copy of my MVR online in 10 minutes for $3 . I'd run the MVR in both PA and OK . While OK should show updated info delayed info from PA could cause problems . But if his MVR had no violations in PA , just an MVR from OK may be ok .

5. Rdnckswife

Feb 27, 2009
    Big Cabin, Oklahoma
    Thanks for all the info. We are certain that his MVR is clean, because he has had no issues in the past with any company hiring him due to his MVR. But with us just moving to OK, I was not sure if I should do both OK & PA just to be safe.

Is that just in KY, where you can get a copy online for $3? Because all the sites I've found online average $25-$30.

6. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Are those prices for the MVR direct from the DMV or from "services " getting it from the DMV ?
    http://www.dot3.state.pa.us/pdotforms/dl_forms/dl-503.pdf
    http://www.dps.state.ok.us/recm/record_request.pdf

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  7. MOMAN

MOMAN Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2008
    corydon ky
    I live in kentucky, and got my insurance agent to run my MVR for free.

8. Rdnckswife

Feb 27, 2009
    Big Cabin, Oklahoma
    Thanks for all the info everyone. I just checked with the Tag Agency here in OK and since we haven't been in OK very long. He has to get a copy from OK and PA. And through the Tag Agency, it's gonna cost $10 each. Which is a lot better than through the DMV online. So thanks again.

9. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    There is a business that has DMV as part of their URL for their website . It's very misleading . If you use a search engine to Google any state DMV the results will show that site . It's very misleading . They will charge 2 or 3 times the amount you would pay an actual state DMV for an MVR .

10. Rdnckswife

Feb 27, 2009
    Big Cabin, Oklahoma
    Those prices are from the OK DMV website itself and from another website that I found during my search. But I can't remember the name. But we have decided to just get it through the Tag Agency (which is where we go for vehicle reg. & renewal of dl's) instead of taking the risk of ordering it online and not getting the right thing. Thanks again for all your help.:biggrin_25525:

11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    From the links I posted above
    Mail completed form along with appropriate fees to:
    P. O. Box 11415 ONLY CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED
    Oklahoma City, OK 73136-0415
    Fees for:
    (MVR), non-certified $10.00
    Driving Records Driving Record (MVR), certified $13.00
    ONLY CASHIER’S CHECK OR MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED
    Cash accepted Only when paying in person.
    Other document fees in accordance with Oklahoma Statutes.

PA is $5 for 3 or 10 year , $10 for 10 year certified .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.