Getting back on the Interstate from the emergency lane

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Diantane, Dec 12, 2018.

1. I thought you were suppose to rip the lane alert cameras off your mirrors. Kick in the sensor for the bendix braking system. Rip Qualcomm. Or tablet off dash and skip it across asphalt or. Concrete. Clip a Magazine article infront of the camera facing into cab.

Take shifter and put into D and break it off. Stand on gas pedal till your auto truck reaches the magic 59mph and hang on. Stick arm out window pointing left. Then grab steering wheel and yank left till your in the lane.

John A. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Since you are no longer licensed to drive a CMV, you no longer have to worry about killing someone in that fashion, do you?

REO6205 and dclerici1 Thank this.
  4. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    It’s that strip of asphalt on the right in which if you have an emergency, like need to take a real quick 30 min break, you just park there. There’s also one on the left side too..

homeskillet Thanks this.
  5. John A.

John A. Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Montgomery, MI
    Wish I would have seen that before my test. Mentioning the fruit punch level on the pretrip would've been funny af.

peterbilt_2005 Thanks this.
  6. You forgot. You take a 30 min. Break in the fuel island.

Emergency lane is for when you blow a light bulb and call road service to come fix it. While you sit in the dark on edge of white line.

IluvCATS and tscottme Thank this.
  7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Hmmmmmm, never thought it was a lane, always thought that was called the shoulder. Also, didn’t know you could take a break there. The things you learn on the internet.

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Every truck on the shoulder: "oh look here comes a hundred vehicles in both lanes, I should jump off the shoulder before they get here."

Or "my truck is acting funny, I better coast past the top of the hill or around this curve so I won't be seen by anyone coming up from behind me."

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.