Getting back to hauling fuel after a long layoff......

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by sprizo, Nov 4, 2012.

1. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    I guess when the Majors figured their drivers were making close to six figures they had to do something. I've seen a lot of so called managers make less and resent that fact. So they'd go out of their way to prove they had more power even if what they were doing was stupid. And hold on if you tried to show the common sense way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Thyssenkrupp Steel-(tanker & flatbed)

The German company in Montgomery.

4. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I think your chances of resuming your driving in the US with Hazmat are excellent. I'm sure that the company who wants to hire you will offer
    refresher courses, and the big thing within the Hazmat arena is that there is a chronic shortage of good safe drivers. Of course, it's going to depend
    on where you want to live and which carrier hires you.There are some decent companies out there that are very eager to hire you for both Gasoline and
    chemical hauling.
    Good luck :biggrin_25511:

sprizo Thanks this.
  5. WideSkyND

WideSkyND Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Amen, if as stated on exp level and background, also consider alternates too. There a a few places that will pay almost as well + offer dedicated without haz in the mix. My basic motto is 1st company, then dedicated single contract carrier,and after it's a crap shoot(minus a very few linehaul positions)which I'd recommend check over also. There's about five companies right now I would work for at this time,
    2 are company, 3 are dedicated single carrier and or linehaul inter terminal hauls(this can be very lucrative)So keep in mind as sifting through details(supposed minor ones can matter greatly)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.