Getting burnt out on this OTR trucking thing!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by KingTrucker, Aug 4, 2013.

1. EAzYrIDer007

EAzYrIDer007 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Baltimore,MD
    I hear you. That's why i don't wanna go OTR. When i was driving roll off trucks, i was making 650 dollars a week and home every night.

KingTrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KingTrucker

KingTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Thanks to everybody... Positive and negative. LTL isn't as hard as a lot of you make it seem. But of course there isn't a test when you're hired to determine if the applicant is lazy or not. And regardless to the condition, what isn't for me is what I choose not to be for me. Traffic, 20 shippers, a pallet jack, and working hard won't determine what not for me. S****#####!

4. KingTrucker

Mar 19, 2013
    Do you honestly think I didn't? There are position within this industry called recruiters... They lie and tell a bunch of crap on the other end of the phone to get you to come to orientation... Maybe you've heard of them? Some of us weren't born with silver spoons in our mouths, and opportunity at every corner of our neighborhood. Some of us actually have to work for success. That doesn't mean we should be treated any less of, or under paid.

5. KingTrucker

Mar 19, 2013
    SMH... I have to drive atleast 2600 miles to get a paycheck for $650!

6. KingTrucker

Mar 19, 2013
    By any chance could you name a few? I see the Conway picture on your comment... Is that who you pull for?

7. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    KT You just need to simmer down a little, If I were you I'd stick it out another 6 months, My ride to this point has not been the best, I'm not going into all of it, I will say this, once I left my first real company that jumped me from .28 CPM to .34 CPM I wished I had stayed where I was, the politics the electronic logs and everything else was not worth the 06 CPM plus that company almost ruined my career, I had to get an attorney to write a letter to them to get them to remove stuff on my DAC, Now Monday I go to work for a small 30 truck company making $.38 CPM and they said if I don'r run(non-governed paper books) 3000 a week I am doing something wrong! So we will see just hang a while longer you are past the bad stuff. I hope this has back you away from the cliff!!:biggrin_25512::biggrin_25513:

KingTrucker Thanks this.
  8. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Yes I got hired at con-way freight over two years ago with zero experience.

LTL's that hire with no experience

YRC Freight
    Fedex Freight
    Con-way Freight
    ABF
    Reddaway(western regional..part of yrc)
    Old Dominion Freight Lines
    Saia
    Estes

There are plenty other smaller regional LTL's that only operate in a few states..So where are you located makes a difference as well.

KingTrucker and bmovers Thank this.
  9. EAzYrIDer007

EAzYrIDer007 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Baltimore,MD
    What if i don't have doubles or triples will they still hire me? I live in baltimore.

10. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Your Mailbox
    $650 per week? That's pretty low.

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  11. CenutryClass

CenutryClass Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2006
    the smaller companies that run more 53's in their operation might. Look into A. Duie Pyle, I dont think they use pups. And NEMF runs northeast, never seen a set from them either. Or New Penn(also a Northeast YRC regional) uses all 53's in their linehaul ops..Never seen a pup from them, and I used to work at the Maspeth terminal as a casual.

I know con-way will NOT hire you without haz/doubles and trips. We are a pup heavy linehaul operation. Same goes for the big dogs, fedex, OD, SAIA, Estes...they all require the endorsements.. So go get them. Even a little kid could pass the tests. Give yourself more options.

EAzYrIDer007 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.