Getting Caught Driving without a CDL.....What happens????

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by QueenB1, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Third just doesn't get it. There's no air brake endorsement. You test to remove the restriction. If you didn't take the test for air brakes you will have a nice little "L" under the restrictions on your license (along with medical ones, like corrective lenses.) You test to REMOVE this. That is why there is no airbrake "endorsement" on your license, because no such thing exists. You removed the restriction, therefore it no longer appears on your license. You also tested to remove the manual transmission restriction, although they don't tell you that. Don't believe me? Look at the FMCSA's testing requirements here.

That's right, if you test in an automatic you can't driver sticks, at least commercially.

As for requiring the air brake restriction to be removed from your license, if you are driving commercially you need a CDL. Period. If you have a CDL you must test to remove the air brake restriction from it if operating a vehicle with air brakes, whether a class A, B or C. If you are driving the vehicle non-commercially, and it doesn't require a CDL based solely on weight rating, but has air brakes, then I doubt you would have to worry since, as many pointed out, you can rent vehicles with air brakes that you don't need a CDL to drive. There might be some special provision for those, but I haven't seen it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    The reason they went to hydraulics is because of cost and technology improvements, not because people were not ordering trucks with air brakes. From Ford I was told they went to Hydraulic braking on many of their trucks due to the nature of cost accounting per vehicle. it is cheaper to source parts for hydraulic brakes than to source parts for air brake systems.

Where?

In order for it to be a legal motor home it must have components of a motor home, like a toilet and fridge and I think a place to prepare food, then registered as such.

From the FMCSA regulations -

Motor home means a multipurpose passenger vehicle with motive power that is designed to provide temporary residential accommodations, as evidenced by the presence of at least four of the following facilities: Cooking; refrigeration or ice box; self-contained toilet; heating and/or air conditioning; a potable water supply system including a faucet and a sink; and a separate 110–125 volt electrical power supply and/or propane.

I would like to see that court session or was it in front of a referee?

Anywho the bus thing isn't true either, in order for you to have it become a bus, it has to have certain safety components, like exits and seats. The seats have to conform to a different standard depending on when the bus was made.

Again from the FMCSA regulations -

Bus means a motor vehicle with motive power, except a trailer, designed for carrying more than 10 persons.

Just for the heck of it, here are the FMCSA definitions for trucks/tractors

Truck means a motor vehicle with motive power, except a trailer, designed primarily for the transportation of property or special purpose equipment.

Truck tractor means a truck designed primarily for drawing other motor vehicles and not so constructed as to carry a load other than a part of the weight of the vehicle and the load so drawn.

4. truckman29801

truckman29801 Medium Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    SC
    yeah on my last DOT physical i weighed 215, now i weigh 230. DOT says i need a placard and a CDL to run the road in my Nike's lol ust pickin haha

5. thirdreef

thirdreef Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Reno,Nv
    So we don't need to see how great you are and hold each others hands.. Go to DMV and get the code book.. Not the pamphlet . Or call the local highway patrol commercial people. They will tell you the law. Not your law.. Or your hand holders law.. But the state and Federal law. If you have trouble doing that.. Ask your mommy for help. Or go out and try your little theory..

6. Stanley l w

Stanley l w Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Find job that help u get them like i did dont #### your self up for other people think about your self

7. IronWeasel80

IronWeasel80 Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Belen, NM
    This thread was only dead a little over 2 years.

For ####'s sake people - Look at the last ####### posting date, you morons!

8. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    And yet here you are....

123456 Thanks this.
  9. IronWeasel80

IronWeasel80 Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Belen, NM
    As are you, thereby proving nothing. ;)

10. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    33,000 Gross will be the weight of the truck + it's load on the bed combined together. NOW.... Just for giggles, have your friend look at the registration card on the truck, what is it registered for? Owner may have it registered for more than 33,000lbs in the event he wants to pull a trailer. Tag on the door jam can be 33,000 GVW but registration card can be more.

11. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Why did you call somebody a moron for reading an old post when you did the same thing. Maybe somebody was interested in the available information.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.