Getting Caught Driving without a CDL.....What happens????

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by QueenB1, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Sharris79

Sharris79 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2017
    I no someone who has a tree business driving around a bucket truck and has him and a few employees fora few yrs now and no one has there cdls.. on top of that the main guy that drives the truck barely knows how to drive it. I have concerns about that worried someone may get hurt. So how do I report them

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    As to how to report a driver the answer is you don't. You report the company. Drivers are people just trying to make an honest lively. Companies are bad. Well, not Woolly Rhino Transportation but all the other ones are.

ramblingman and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  6. Kitty power

Kitty power Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2017
    ALSO if the combination is 10,000 lbs or over in Fl. and according to DOT on line kitty power

7. joe016

joe016 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Call the dot and ask they will tell you.

8. Snow Walker

Snow Walker Light Load Member

I don't how concerned the owner of that company is about covering his "as*" if a load gets damaged; however, if an unqualified driver is assigned a load that requires a CDL qualified driver and the load gets damaged, the insurance won't touch a claim with a ten foot pole.

9. Snow Walker

Snow Walker Light Load Member

My first hwy haul was when I was eighteen years old and didn't even have a valid drivers license. It was only under the scamming and a lookout driver for a construction company that I worked for, as a summer student, that I pushed an over-width load for 260 miles in the middle of the night. This was on the Trans Canada Highway of all places. It was either get behind the wheel of that old Diamond or go look for another job.

10. aggroman33

aggroman33 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2018
    if my license is suspended for insurance lapse exceeding 90days, can I get a conditional license that will allow me to work?

11. Tonywe11

Tonywe11 Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2020
    If you have a DOT Number on your truck do you need a CDL or medical card to drive it (Indiana)
    It's a small isuzu trucks we have 4 of them all have DOT numbers on them ....

12. AnonymousMe

AnonymousMe Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2020
    Who do you contact when the owner of a business lets a 15 year old kid drive a truck and trailer without even a dl or cdl?

If the vehicles are required to be operated by a CDL driver, then there can be some heavy penalties if they are caught.

Driving without a CDL, or suspended CDL, incurs a civil penalty of up to $2,500 or, in aggravated cases, criminal penalties of up to $5,000 in fines and/or up to 90 days in prison. An employer is also subject to a penalty of up to $10,000, if they knowingly permit a driver to operate a CMV without a valid CDL.[/QUOTE]

• Truckers Report Jobs