Getting Ready to Hit the Road with Magnum

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Feb 10, 2009.

1. JohnnyC

JohnnyC Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2009
    virginia beach, virginia
    Who told you about my knuckles?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QuoteWarz Insurance

QuoteWarz Insurance Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Wow, what a long thread. It really sounds like you have had a great experience with them.

4. the trainer

the trainer Bobtail Member

May 28, 2009
    maplewood mn.
    So now I'm considered a "Hoot"? LOL Scooter! It WAS as it will ALWAYS be, FUN! To all who have kept up with Scooter he is a very easy going, capable, fun loving guy who would bend over backwards "scary sight" :> For any other driver who needed help in any way. So to have him say what he did he really had to be screwed over. Many blessed miles ahead for all the nice drivers out there in this new year and may God be with you as you travel the highways and byways of our great nation.

5. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    huh?

Life is what you make of it. Great experience? Absolutely. I had great miles, great training, and met a lot of great people (and a few clowns too). Honestly, I do not regret going with Magnum out of school. I am tickled with where I am now, but I will never forget the days of Fargo.

Yes, you are a hoot. And Linda agrees 100% Appreciate the words...

6. AdamT2k

AdamT2k Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    hi trainer, can you tell me what transmissions Magnum trucks have? I've been talking to Mr. S in Fargo and hope to be joining your company soon. Thanks and drive safely.

7. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey there Adam. They are mostly straight 10 eaton fullers, but there are a few super 10s and some automatics. Good luck

AdamT2k Thanks this.
  8. the trainer

the trainer Bobtail Member

May 28, 2009
    maplewood mn.
    Yes Adam What Scooter says is true mostly 387 cat engines. the trainer

AdamT2k Thanks this.
  9. AdamT2k

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Well, after a great telephone interview on Christmas eve with the recruiter at Magnum, now I can't get a hold of him nor will he return my voicemails or emails. Interesting how one day he was excited for me to attend orientation, and the next I can't even get thru to him. Oh well, the search goes on...

10. AdamT2k

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    I was just about to accept an offer from Transport America, when outta nowhere Mr. recruiter from Magnum called me back after 3 weeks! I had mentally ruled them out. He said 2 trucks just opened up, and I was on the top of his list. So, I jumped at the opportunity and am excited to say I start on the 25th.

11. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Congrats Adam -

Good luck and keep us posted!!

Celebratory ARF!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.