Getting Ready to Hit the Road with Magnum

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Feb 10, 2009.

1. AdamT2k

AdamT2k Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    Magnum stays east of the Rockies. I've heard other drivers say they've run in Colorado, but pretty much if you draw a line from central North Dakota down to Texas, you'll stay on the east side of that line. No NYC and no Canada. Plenty of Chicago though! :(

I've been with Magnum for 3 months now and have never had to repower a load or have one of my loads repowered. It seems most of the loads have sufficient time in them to get them delivered early and still be plenty legal. There were a few back to back for me that used up every available hour to get it there on time. Basically, just plan smart and don't start your 14 hr clock until you have to.

andrew5184 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. andrew5184

andrew5184 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Sapulpa, OK
    At least I hear Chicago is one of the easier cities to get around in (in terms of following directions, not traffic) so that's a least a partial positive.

I left a message with Leith today, but didn't hear back from him. I know he stays busy. I'll try him again on Monday.

Thanks for your input, Adam! Are you on home-time right now?

4. AdamT2k

AdamT2k Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Minneapolis, MN
    If he doesn't get back to you right away, keep trying. That's what I did.

Aside from the traffic, Chicago isn't too terrible. There is however no good time to try to go thru Chicago. Just allow yourself 2 hours to get thru.

No, I'm not on hometime. Shutdown in Joplin, MO tonight. If it weren't for the laptop, wireless internet and other goodies I'd go stir crazy.

5. manofwar

manofwar Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Greatlakes, state
    Now are you guys talking about Magnum out of Indiana??? Or the Magnum out of North Dakota???
    Sounds like Indiana to me:biggrin_255:

6. andrew5184

andrew5184 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Sapulpa, OK
    Magnum out of Fargo, ND.

7. almostthere

almostthere Light Load Member

May 23, 2010
    MN
    Any Magnum guys know if they are hiring students out of school. I live in SE MN and see your trucks going by quite a bit.

8. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Although I am not there any more, I do stay in touch with a few people there, and YES, they do hire students fresh out of school.

If you want the latest and the greatest from them, you could try asking TheTrainer. He works for them and can be a wealth of information....

You there Duke?

almostthere Thanks this.
  9. the trainer

the trainer Bobtail Member

May 28, 2009
    maplewood mn.
    Yes I'm here Scooter...Living it up on vacation. Yes we hire students. yes I do some of the training and Yes I've been told by some I'm the requested one of the trainers at Magnum. Just ask Scooter. I trained him and look how he turned out. Wait bad example LOL Just kidding. I would brag about him BRAG BRAG BRAG! Sombody has to huh? Call Leith and talk to him and he'll set you up. Just keep calling and he'll get back to ya. Tell him Duke sent ya! Be Safe, Be Good. Be Gone.

almostthere Thanks this.
  10. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    hehehehehehe I'm not sure I'm all that to be bragged on..... besides.... you've never seen my dark side hehehehehehhe

Give them a call AlmostThere..... it's where I got my start and frankly, they have some nice trucks to cut your teeth in.......

Good luck!!!

almostthere Thanks this.
  11. ScooterDawg

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Hey y'all

Wondering if I could ask a favor......

My niece is getting married Saturday, June 12th at 2pm in PA. Unfortunately, I am going to be on the road and will be unable to attend.

My favor is this..... If you read this, and you happen to think about it, on Saturday at 2:45 pm EST, could you sound your airhorn for 2 seconds in Jennie and Cory's honor?

I sure would appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.