Getting Ready to Hit the Road with Magnum

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Feb 10, 2009.

1. andrew5184

andrew5184 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Sapulpa, OK
    Thanks man! I appreciate the info. I would not mind being seen in a blue 387 one bit.

The only thing I wish Magnum would do that they don't do, is run west. I'd love to run west on 40. But one thing I've learned in all my research, no one company has it all. This seems like a darn good place to get a start though. Thanks again!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mile marker

mile marker Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Was looking for some current info on magnum, buddy of mine will be finish with school at the end of this month. My buddy goes to school all day and works at night, so was trying to help him with some current info on them.

I followed this thread when ScooterDawg worked here, and they seem to be a decent outfit. They have a ad here in Pittsburgh on craigslist looking for drivers.
    I haven't seen any drivers out on the road to talk too, so i'm looking for any current drivers with them or duke if your still out there.

Anyway Thanks for help

4. mile marker

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Well i got the call from my buddy today, looks like he signed on with magnum.

Looks like he's headed for Fargo in two weeks!!!!!!!!

5. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Good for him. Magnum has a solid reputation.

6. mile marker

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Well my buddy's been given his first truck peterbilt 387.
    He's on his way home on his first solo run, should be home friday night.

Look's like will get together sat morning and help him set up his truck and b/s together. I should be home friday afternoon.

He said it's been a long 4 weeks but enjoyed it, He's been wanting to do this for a long time, so his journey has begun. I'm pretty happy for him.

P.S. I'm trying to get him to start a thread on his new journey but this is all new to him so don't know if he has time or not. Will see!!!!!!

7. mile marker

Jun 2, 2011
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Well things still going pretty good for my buddy over at Magnun. Been there little over 3 month now so his health insurance and 401k just kick in so he's happy about that.

Said everybody in the office are nice folks and the dispatcher really work with you when you have any problems. Couple minor things with the truck but nothing major and said they maintain the trucks very well.

All in all he seems pretty happy with choice he made with them. He's still trying to get use to the life on the road as I told him the first 6 months to a year are the hardiest, plus he does have a little one. Well he doesn't have a laptop at the moment but he said santa is getting him one for Christmas so he can start posting from time to time. I'm sure we will get together over the holidays for sure.

Well that's it for now.

8. Bucktrucker

Bucktrucker Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2008
    ON THE ROAD SOMEWHERE
    Keep us posted

9. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    Just sent a friend up there to Fargo and he is out with his trainer right now. Seems to be doing well and having the time of his life

Me? Just started with Abilene today. You can see my new thread at "From Day One - Abilene Motor Express"

10. Zen Trucker

Zen Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2012
    You seem to be having a hard time holding a job. ;)

Seriously, it is good to hear from you!

I start next Monday.

11. ScooterDawg

ScooterDawg <strong>"The Blue Tick Lab"</strong>

Nov 23, 2008
    Trinity, NC
    HAHAHAHAA That's funny.

No, just getting the best bang for my buck. Actually, I have been doing the Owner Operator thing for just shy of two years. Frankly, got tired of the issues with freight rates, contract disappointments, and fuel prices. I LOVE driving truck, but I hate being stressed out. So I have been doing a lot of phone calling, talking to drivers, and researching companies for the one that fits MY needs (not necessarily other's needs). Plus.... I have done the three day bus trip to Fargo once. Was seriously thinking about Magnum, but I couldn't bring myself to take that bus ride again...... heheheheheh

Magnum is a Great Place to get going. Good luck Wendell! I wish you all the best, my friend

Zen Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.