Getting the Employment Record of a Deceased Individual

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FrancisTRocha, Oct 4, 2023.

1. FrancisTRocha

FrancisTRocha Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2022
    Hey all:

Not a trucker, but dropped in to ask an odd question. Does anyone know of a way to get the employment packet or records for an individual who is now deceased. He worked for a major common carrier and I'm sure his records are still in existence. Unsure the best way to go about trying. I appreciate any advice or help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    What?? Why would you want to do that?

4. FrancisTRocha

Sep 9, 2022
    The gentleman in question abandoned his home country, moved to the US, and became a truck driver under a fraudulent name. Worked for major common carriers. Many years have passed, but his family would like to try to piece together as much as they can from the final years of his life.

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Hire a private investigator.

Metalicious, Wargames and Numb Thank this.
  6. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    Intellius people search. They can find anything that has your name age family and also you can find out where they worked all that kind of stuff but you might have to pay for that.

7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I think you could simply request employment records from the company. Prospective employers do it daily.
    They should provide dates of hire to dates of termination and whether or not he is eligible for rehire.
    No big deal

FrancisTRocha Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I think there's a thread on here about that guy. Interesting read.
    Did he die in Nevada? He was a secretive guy.

tscottme and InTooDeep Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    OK, I found another thread, but that one is also yours.
    There's another one floating around on here also that's pretty old.

tscottme Thanks this.
  10. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Thought I was living groundhog day

11. FrancisTRocha

Sep 9, 2022
    Hahah, nope not Groundhog's Day. While back I originally posted here and this entire community was incredibly helpful and generous in sharing information and teaching me a ton about the industry. The vast majority of this case is good and closed, identity confirmed, family notified. My partner and I have picked up another case or two to volunteer our time towards.

However, we are still in communication with the family and there is curiosity still about what he did in the States during his time here. We know through letters that he likely got his CDL through a common carrier and was on a one-year contract. Family was hoping they could at least get his application packet to determine where he'd been living and previous employers at the time. I'm unsure to go about that. Obviously, we have no subpoena power and it goes a step further than simply confirming employment.

InTooDeep Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.