Getting tired of the Roehl game

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ETCH5858, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    As many of you know I have been a big cheerleader of Roehls for nearly 2 years now. I have defended them on more than one occassion. I think that it is getting to a point where my opinion of Roehl is beginning to change. I have put up with alot of small crap over the two years just figuring that is trucking. Lately it seems as though Roehl keeps asking me to help them out in a bind and then they could careless when I ask them to do the same. Roehl has become a company lately that takes all it can without really giving back. The DSR's are puppets for the most part and the planners will use you up and spit you out. I would really like to ask how many of you company drivers are even taking $500.00 a week home? Now they are forcing per diem on drivers. If you worked at your local Walmart you would make about the same and have better health insurance and be home every night. I do love trucking and would never do anything else. I just got a feeling it will not be with Roehl for much longer. I am about to take my ball and play elsewhere. Just look at all the crap GRC went thru just to drive for Roehl. Crappy trucks, broken promises, and failures to meet thier obligations to him. Good luck to all you newbies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bigray

Bigray Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    SO what is the ADMIN. fee in ROEHL'S per diem scam ?

4. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    I too am looking else where ..... I stayed out since 9/11 with the understanding that I would be home this wed because my wife and I are moving ..... well they pushed it to thursday, then to friday and as of today not even friday ..... in fact they are trying to dispatch 2 loads to me that will not even give me my 5 days off ..... as of now I am in Jacksonville having to either fly home then come back to my truck in Jacksonville, or have some one come and get me ......

5. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    Weren't you two just defending Roehl in another forum?

6. RockyWI

RockyWI Medium Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Wisconsin gal
    Oh man, sorry to hear this guys. :biggrin_2557: You two were the ones that helped in my decision of choosing Roehl. I really hope the both of you get things worked out.

7. grc56_tn

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    for some reason they "forgot" to pay me this week (over 2100 miles scaned in at gary yard on wed b4 deadline) dispatch has dropped a major ball ..... I've been out since 9/11 with understanding I would be home 10/7 no and, ifs, or buts because I am moving ..... not only do they not have me home but they tried dispatching me to WI totally ignoring my days off ...... this on top of other issues is enough for me .....

8. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    GRC, how many months do you have?

9. grc56_tn

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    started with Roehl July 22nd drove flatbed for small company in ohio back in 2003-2004

10. rimshot

rimshot Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Spartanburg, SC
    grc, I hate all this crap landed on you at one time. Getting home on time is at the botton of a DSR's list. To all the newbies, if you need extra days off, try and get them after you get home. Call your DSR and tell them how long you need off. Just dont carry a load home with you. Getting home early while out on the road is hard to come by. If I needed to be home on Fri, I would shoot for Wed.

Another thing that grc went through, Marshfield is the only place to pick up another truck or get repaired. The extra ones at Gary and Ellenwood, I think are used for parts.......

If you can, get at least 1 year OTR. I was trying for 3 years, to try and get on with Walmart, but only made it 2.5.

ETCH and grc, keep us up to date..

Later
    Rim

11. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Yeah, but the crap is getting old real fast. The more I give the more they take. They begged me to run a couple local loads last week. I really didn't want to but they pleaded with me. So I did. Well yesterday I asked to have a load I was on relayed and was told to pound sand. I reminded them of how I had helped them early and was told " Oh Well". That attitude really sucks. Then my DSR point blanked said" What do you expect me to do about it"? Well to begin with go to bat for me, I am your driver. Remind that idiot planner of my help early in the week. Don't blow me off. Next time you ask for a favor I will say no and that will be the end of the discussion.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.