Getting tired of the Roehl game

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ETCH5858, Oct 7, 2009.

1. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    I was shocked to see that a guy like that would leave for Dart. Really. I just didn't know how to say that. If you dig around these forums, somewhere there's a post claiming their lease payments add up to $200,000 and then there's the option to buy at the end. And we can all agree that those are not $200,000 trucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iluvatruckr

iluvatruckr Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2009
    longview tx
    lol well thanks for your disscretion..i'm sure we've got ourselves into a mess...i hope we can get out of it without losing everything. i still havent fount out who u are? if you dont mind can i ask your name? oh and dont take this the wrong what but what do you mean by "a guy like that?" lol

4. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Could he not lease on with Roehl?

5. iluvatruckr

Nov 6, 2009
    longview tx
    i'm just the wife...i know roehl had a lease program...and i know that he looked into it...but thats all i know lol

6. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    I'm sorry to hear that Dart isn't working out. We learned a hard lesson trying to do the LP thing with JB Hunt. Same deal. Deductions out of the butt and no miles. I was told (and I see that it was wrong info) that Dart was a good company to do the O/O thing because it is all O/O company. Can he not try to get rehired with Roehl? Good luck to you. I wish Roehl didn't pull the stunt they did with me. We might have stayed with them. But I guess there is a reason for everything.

7. iluvatruckr

Nov 6, 2009
    longview tx
    he left on good terms with roehl so going back is something we may try to do. it saddens me that companies are like this. why would they do this to folks who are just trying to make it? how do they expect you to support a family when your checks are NEGATIVE! thank you for your kind words. :biggrin_255:

8. Oldguynewjob

Oldguynewjob Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Il.
    Yes I am still at Roehl. Things have been going fairly well as far as miles and home time for the last several months. I was assigned a new FM a few months ago which is always a concern, but she seems to be working out fine as far as loads and home time go. I think your FM has a lot to do with you job satisfaction at Roehl, even though they do not assign loads they seem to be able to make things go more smoothly. Having said that I was taken off a load about half way through (driver needed it to get home) and was given a couple of days of shorter runs with live load/unload which kills your day. I guess you have to take the good with the bad.
    Sorry things have not improved at Dart. Hope they get better soon.

9. sayter_74

sayter_74 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    I run SE regional,and lately there is starting to be alot of NE runs...why?? I'm the only one available.While there are 3 other Roehl trucks waitng for loads and have been for a day or 2. I have had this one also.....relay this load NE,the driver dont have the time,I do a 10 hour + break,the other driver shut down for a 10 the same time I did.I leave with the load,he's still there sitting......ok ,oh well!
    Seems to me the planners are the ones I want to get ahold of,and from the looks of it,I;m not the only one.Looks to me that this is the source of evil at Roehl. Just a quick observation.

10. spinpsychle

spinpsychle Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    New Brighton, MN
    Are you getting home when you're supposed to? What I've heard out on the road is that the whole point is they get a reset at home every week or so.

11. sayter_74

sayter_74 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    i was getting home every weekend for about 3 weeks and then it started geting to where it wasnt happening anymore.Reason....thats the way this industry is.Back to 11/3

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.