Ghosts of truckstops past.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by PackRatTDI, Oct 30, 2014.

1. harleyhead

harleyhead Bobtail Member

May 28, 2013
    yea spent time there a lot of the old stops r gone now like losing part of ur past some others anyboby remember twin six - forest park ga ,transport city -atlanta ,the tomahawk north platte ne ida mae &joes rich hill ga, cross country, base ball city fl jarrells doswell va to mention a few aw yea and johnnys clinton nj

650cat425 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. harleyhead

May 28, 2013
    aw yea louise,s dirty #### hole good food

4. harleyhead

May 28, 2013
    clinton nj was johnnys ts up the road a mile was louise,s diner

5. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    It's gone now, but any of you guys remember Goodales on 84 at the CT/MA state line?....Best breakfast around, some of you Hostess, Hannaford, Stop & Shop, and BB drivers gotta remember that place...Wasn't much parking there for sure, but a good late night stop for some Z's, nice & quiet, couldn't see it from the road, so you had to know that it was there, probably better that way anyway... Remember the time a driver only set his trolly, rig rolled down the hill through the fence and into the big pond they had there......What a mess....

Don't know how it is now, haven't been back there in over 20, but I used to like Dysarts in Bangor, ME too....

Also, there used to be a little diner down in central jersey off the 22, I think it was called the Ranch diner, or something like that, dirt parking lot, only room for about 4 rigs though, good food & good help there too.

DougA, 207nomad and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. luftkoph

luftkoph Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2012
    U.P.michigan
    Pilot could screw up sledge hammer in a sandbox.

Joetro and mjd4277 Thank this.
  7. Wildey

Wildey Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2015
    NC
    Used to run beer out of St. Louis a lot so used the old Gateway in E. St. Louis. Pilot came along and ruined that place, blocked off the dirt parking lot out back, and the biggie for me was the closing of Berthas restaurant (I think that was the name, been long time.) Food wasnt all that great, to me anyway, but it was a roomy sit down with ok prices.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ranch in Jersey 22, you are correct about the 4. I would be one of them. I wonder if they are still going. It happened to be a main base for me many a time there.

clausland Thanks this.
  9. 207nomad

207nomad Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Dysart's is still there and just as good as it was then!

DougA, clausland and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I remember a diner about halfway up 1 from 287 I cannot recall it's name.

I do recall the prices in that #### place I think roast beef was one slice thick as three bible pages for 9.00 come on are you kidding. 20 cent gravy for it was 4 dollars and a dallop of bread for it is 5. No one ate there.

11. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Rgr that, I always liked the idea of the driver's only room with all the tables connected, like one long table....Travelling the old "Airport" hwy from Bangor to Calais in the winter was always an interesting ride for sure.... Waitress would set down the coffee pots, the syrup containers, and the OJ pitcher, help yourself...Another good diner I used to stop at was Zinns, down outside Lancaster, PA.....Truckin in the '80's was a good time...

DougA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.