Girl’s Got Tax Questions…

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Hunte4564, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Hunte4564

Hunte4564 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2023
    Texas
    Sales tax

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hunte4564

Hunte4564 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2023
    Texas
    Sales tax

4. Hunte4564

Hunte4564 Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2023
    Texas
    I have not been collecting taxes on my invoices. But I’m just not sure if I am supposed to be?? I’m having a hard time finding the research to figure out how this tax process works between my customer in my company.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    GO FIND AN ACCOUNTANT WHO IS ALSO AN EA.

Go type in the following in google - [your state] association of CPA or [your state] society of CPA

This will lead you to many of them.

You need to have someone explain this all to you based on your state requirements.

GO GO GO!!!!

6. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    If your tax situation has gotten too taxing for you (and clearly, it has)....then you obviously need to talk to the appropriate tax professional.

Otherwise...."the tax man" will soon tax you...to the max.

Those are just the facts, Ma'am....just the facts. ;) :)

-- Lual

7. mjv2744

mjv2744 Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2021
    1. So as I understand it as you are not selling to the end user you would not charge the broker sales tax. The chain of ownership of the transactions is manufacturing group - broker contracts to you -broker pays you ultimately it gets delivered to end user. So manufacturer charges end user sales tax as a business if you are not the end user you don’t get charged tax. An another example. You owned a connivence store. You buy food stuff from Costco to sell there. You give Costco the tax exempt status so they don’t charge you. Now as you are selling to the end user, me let’s say, you collect it and pay the tax man. Otherwise the sales tax would be so high if we all collected

bluedog911 Thanks this.
  8. Born2win

Born2win Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2022
    Is that you in pic?

4wayflashers and Space Truckin Thank this.
  9. pete781693

pete781693 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2010
    As @Ridgeline suggested, find a good EA (Enrolled Agent) and discuss your situation with them. Belive it or not, the IRS will eventually seek you out. Penalties and interest are burdensome. Once your tax liability is determined, a good EA can negotiate some relief as well as a payment plan. Having a payment plan in place can mitigate potential liens on assets, bank accounts, and future earnings.

You would be surprised at how many O/O’s and drivers are in your same predicament. The more the government gives away, the more they need to collect.

Vampire Thanks this.
  10. OliverCallenderIII

OliverCallenderIII Bobtail Member

Aug 4, 2022
    Frisco, Texas
    I’ve received the advice that it’s best to have an accountant that specializes in your industry

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.