Girlfriends in other towns

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by txboy10, Nov 9, 2009.

1. txboy10

txboy10 Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Yes, it was a generic question about life on the road. It just happened to be about guys and girls hooking up. I'm actually married and not looking for anything along those lines. I don't need more than what I have and don't want more than what I have. Haha, peeps prob think that I'm going to get into trucking and my first priority will be chasing women due to my post. Lol, should have prob left that question on the shelf. sorry folks, but some of the feedback was interesting

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. txboy10

txboy10 Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Plano, TX
    are there not any clean cut people out there driving trucks?? i know 2 truckers and they both have left their desk jobs to see the country and have more freedom. both are clean cut, college degree for one of them, well-spoken, and maintain a very neat and organized personal and professional appearance. i'm leaving white collar, corporate america for the same reasons and I am educated and clean cut as well.

im sure there are some slobs out there but that would be true in any profession.

4. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

Some where around here there is a thread put up by the infamous AWOL Mule about the "death of the truck driver".

5. 94nole

94nole Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2007
    JAX, FL
    I sat here and read all of the replies and then was totally stumped by this one...?????

Married and not looking...yet, you are obviously pondering the matter else you wouldn't have started the thread...no? And I being too logical? Unless, perhaps, you are really a university professor kicking off some sociological study about truck drivers and OTR relationships in several stops along the way? Hmmm? Sorry TX, not buying this "explanation".

But then again, it's really not my place to judge what you do or contemplate in your spare time.

Here's a question for you...what would your wife think about you starting this thread...albeit totally innocently? (yes, the "innocent" part was a sarcastic jab).:biggrin_25512:

GAPrincess Thanks this.
  6. Sabine in Mo

Sabine in Mo Medium Load Member

May 11, 2006
    Fredericktown, MO
    You all know the saying, where there is smoke there is fire? Dear TexBoy10, your thread is titled "girlfriends in other towns". The way this whole thing is worded, I got the impression that you are asking those of us out here how easy it is to hook up on the road, regularly I may add, and because of the title of your thread, it implies about hooking up while away from home and your significant other when you are talking about "flings" on the road. That's at least how I understand the definition of fling.

So, either you want to play once you are out here, or you have a spouse contemplating trucking and you are not sure about his or her fidelity.

Of course, now I know you are the wannabe trucker. Sure, you can ask all you want here, but lets be honest about one thing, I don't think this is exactly an innocent question. More like a fishing expedition.

Just as 94nole said, how comfortable would your wife be about the question you posted?

Hooking up happens in trucking, just as it may if you work in an office. It is tons easier for a woman to get laid I think, less of us out there, especially as solo drivers. I have never been propositioned as much as I have in the last couple of years since I was widowed. I guess every jerk within shouting range wants to give me lovins once they know I am widowed. I will not, and never have hook up on the road. Just the thought gives me the creeps.

road dust and LavenderTrucker Thank this.
  7. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    Oh, no sir, don't apologize. Great topic as long as we can keep it light and don't start getting sermons.

It also gives me an opportunity to share proven techniques with so many eager novice drivers out there.
    The important thing is your demeanor and appearance which also goes a long way toward improving all areas of your life, including your career.
    Being a smooth talking, clean cut, sincere, motivated, intelligent gentleman is a must.
    That comes easy for some and others must work at it, although it saddens me to say, there are those that will never achieve those qualities.
    Above all, place your emphasis on quality, not quantity.

8. Nophix

Nophix Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Stevens Point, WI
    One who came from a professional office background and hasn't yet been corrupt?

Although, I do find myself wearing my crappy jeans more often.... lol

As for the girlfriend thing, I would pass. Unless you met someone really special.

However, if I were a single guy, there are plenty of hottie waitresses, store clerks, and shipper/reciever clerks to flirt with. I'm sure I could have some fun.

I'm happily married, though, and intend to keep it that way.

9. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    Or maybe just a decent fella with a modicum of self esteem.
    Maybe he wants to separate himself from some of the slobs.
    Could be a high school dropout who has strived to educate himself and is concious of his image and the impression he makes on others.

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  10. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    My brothers both drove for decades. Both are handsome, clean, well dressed men. Yes, the lizards chased them as did the non lizard females. The idea that drivers must be slobs or that all or many are is absurd. People of all walks of life, all occupations make the choice to be clean or dirty.

11. Crusher

Crusher Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Thompson, CT
    I can't believe this thread is still going, I read the whole thread and really don't understand why ones would be trying to explain common sense to the one who asked the question. Can't teach common sense, either your born with it or you never have it. This kinda question should of been ignored but that's just my opinion.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.