Giving coffee as a gift to a trucker, post your favorite, coffee that is.

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by Ultra Wagon, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ultra Wagon

Ultra Wagon Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2017
    South Fla.
    So I've got a couple trucking folks that I want to take care of for helping me out with a Truck I'm buying. I was thinking of getting each of them a bag of real good coffee as a thank you. The problem is that I'm not a coffee drinker and wouldn't know good from bad. To me, coffee never tastes as good as it smells and that messes with my head a bit.

So what would qualify as some really Good bagged coffee that the discerning experienced coffee drinker may treat himself to now and again, but probably wouldn't buy for daily use?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    We order from Coffee Fool on line, great coffee with many flavors

4. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Kopi Luwak - cat poop coffee.
    Mmmmmmmmm.

5. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I like Kona, but some Columbian should be fine

6. miss elvee

miss elvee Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Russellville, AR
    I like Happy Belly (Italian roast) and Gevalia (med roast). Kick ### is good, too, just really strong.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Get it in bean form, if they have nothing to chop the beans into a form that can be brewed, get them a device that will do it too. Full columbian coffee will do well whatever the flavor might be for them. Take a look at the coffee they use in the morning next time you visit, and get a bag of that kind.

Coffee is a acquired taste for some. And more of a tool to wake the *&^% up and get moving than anything. And if Uncle Sam ever outlaws coffee, the USA might outlaw the government that dared to do this. They pretty much took away everything else.

I use basic folgers roast either the breakfast blend or the medium variety. There are bagged bean coffee you could purchase but it's going to cost a bit more money. If they have a taste for a particular coffee such as dunking doughnuts etc retail, they have that in bags too. I like sheetz, but not too many of you know what a sheetz is (Convenience chain in the midatlantic, known for it's consistent coffee)

Consider a couple treats that go with the coffee, find out what they like and get a bag of that stuff too.

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    how about Italian Roast - Starbucks

a keurig coffee machine with an assortment of coffee flavors would be a coool gift too

9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Well, it's the thought that counts

10. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Ethiopian coffee is rated worlds best. You can order it whole bean roasted from Ca.

11. LGarrison

LGarrison Road Train Member

May 19, 2011
    Sandpoint Idaho
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.