GIX Logistics slow paying/not paying?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by san00, Oct 27, 2023.

1. san00

san00 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Just a heads-up, I had file against their bond today. I’ve done loads with them in the past and they’ve always paid within 30 days (a lot of times sooner) but I have one 10 days past due. Normally 10 days past due I’d give it a bit more time but not these days. I’ve tried emailing and calling but no luck either.

I talked to their bond company and they do have activity against their bond. So do what you will but book with caution.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    What is their credit rating?

4. san00

san00 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
  5. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    a lot of them send the check out at 30 days so you might get it at the 40 day mark or so. I’m glad that the bond company was truthful with you. That’s half the battle. Plenty of shady bond companies that don’t even answer calls. Looking at bond company is just as important as the brokerage itself. Please keep us updated on this

Lite bug Thanks this.
  6. san00

san00 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Well I’m actually setup on ACH payment with them so I never received a check (that’s how I received all other previous loads with them). Just too many red flags for me to ignore.

A broker, known for cheap rates, with that “vibe” is just too hard to ignore in this environment. Maybe nothing and would happily be wrong but just passing word along.

Short Fuse EOD Thanks this.
  7. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    You mean like grand island express?

8. san00

san00 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    I don't think they are related. Per their website, GIX Logistics started in 2006. Nothing irritates me more than the carrier floating the brokers working capital needs.

9. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Give them a check call to make sure they have your invoice processed. Recently brokers started new games such as We never received yours invoice or we paid your invoice thru the third party and you need to set up with this bank. Bank will trying to force you to set up for quick pay.
    Make sure invoice was sent to the correct email address. ap@gixlogistics is not working now. New one is billing@gixlogistics. Ask me how do I know it.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  10. san00

san00 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Thanks. I did send it to their "billing@gixlogistics.com" and have yet to receive a response. I know they transitioned to Triumph Pay recently but I've claimed their broker relationship so they have everything they need to make payment. But ya, we are just essentially giving them free financing costs to fund their daily operations.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  11. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    If they are set up with triumph pay, triumph pay should have the sent out day listed. I have better luck asking them via broker.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.