Go Trans aka Trux Max BAD!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by sunshine77110, Sep 26, 2008.

1. sunshine77110

sunshine77110 Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Iowa City, Iowa
    I am currently involved in a law suit against Go Trans, which has recently changed identity to Trux Max. The owe me money from work and they wrongfully fired me with giving me only an hour and fifteen minutes to clean out the truck I was in. That normally wouldn't have been a problem, but I had a dog and all my belongings I owned, thinking that everything was perfect at this company. They never let on that they intended to strand me in Memphis, but that is exactly what happened. I was stuck there for four days trying to scrape up some money to get a rental car to go back home to Iowa. I eventually got loaned some money from my grandparents retirement account, but I still didn't have enough for gas. Churches along my route helped and a Sheriff's Department also gave me a voucher.
    But I still remember that day. I got to the terminal at 2:30p on a friday and lied down to take my 10 hour break, then after 45 minutes of dozing, I got a call from the office telling me to come inside. I protested telling them I was on my break, and they told me then, on the phone, that I was fired and I had to clean out the truck and be off the property by 5pm. I begged them to send me on one more load just to get my dog home. I didn't even want any money for it, but they told me that I would steal their truck and they didn't want to risk it. They offered me a bus ticket and I just laughed, thinking about my dog haunched over shoved into a suitcase. YEAH RIGHT! I ended up locking myself in the truck with a spare key and waited until everyone left. I drove the truck to the TravelLodge near Elvis Presly Blvd and proceded to clean it out. I took what little money I had and rented a room for the night. The next three days between crying fits, I tried to contact anyone who would listen, churches, organizations, city offices, even mad a call to 211 and they were the best help of all! They got me in touch with an attorney's office.
    That lawyer didn't help me right away, but in a couple of months they called me back and took my case pro bono. Now we are tredging through the courts and their bancruptcy trying to get my money and damages. You'd think that they would have just paid me and got it done and over with.

Take that Go Trans!

Amy S.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I will start off by saying I am not trying to attack or insult you I hope you do not take my post the wrong way.

Since you have been a trucker for three years or more why do you not have money on the bank?

Was the pay or the miles that bad?

My best advice is before you start any company make darn sure that you have enough money to live on for a few weeks and money for transportation home incase you do not make it.

That is why when I went to my first company I took my own car as I had two at the time.

I took my car that way I would not be stranded if I quit or was dismissed during orentation.

I was only out there for a few months and I managed to stash about 2,000.00 or more in the bank after my bills were paid.

I even ate good while I was out there.

I quit over a few newbiee issues of course it was not with the company that you were at.

4. hotrod628

hotrod628 Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Pecos, NM
    sunshine;
    their is another Go trans/ Trux Max catagory here to. Tell your lawyer if they need a witness against Trux Max about $$$ owed and not paying them they can call me read other post category for my details. I also know the phone number for another driver that they owe money to and haven't paid him either. Claiming bankruptcy protection. As for me they owe me a truck (Paid mine off and they had it repo'd they gave me another truck but want it back), Performance, maintance, plate bonds. And they don't want to pay me either. If you post somehow private would be best maybe ask a forum administrator to do it for you your attorneys name and number i will call him.

5. rafterman253

rafterman253 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Punxsutawney,PA

HI I lost my job there also and they also owe me 2 weeks pay. The thing i would like to know is can we get the money we put down on a lease truck back. I tried to call them and have not been able to get them on the phone. So if you could help me i will try to help you out if i can.

rafterman253

6. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Yes they are a "fly by night" company. my step dad has been battling with them for a year now about his pay but they finally sent his 1099 in the mail last minute and had to refigure his tax's only to find out he has to pay in $1,800 and he never recieved his last check for $1,300 and the IRS is making him pay tax's on pay he never recieved. Go Trans has figure a way to screw the IRS and driver's out of large sums of money and make the driver pay tax's on money never received and getting away with it.

I'm so sick of hearing about it to the point I'm about ready to pay them a face to face visit making a scene, walling out and gettin' slap violent because buddy, crazy got off the bus about 20 blocks back because I will go effing insane on their a$#. Word has it the owner has already done time for tax fraud. Don't know how true it is but nothing can be proved because there is no proof showing that they didn't pay the drivers.

7. hotrod628

hotrod628 Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Pecos, NM
    Ok OK If you haven't heard they closed down as in OUT OF BUSINESS in 12/2008 ripping off remaining staff and drivers about 3 weeks of pay. Not only this but they filed Liquadation Bankruptcy for Go Trans and Trux Max only after ripping off E1 they could. This is a rumor and I cannot verify it but it is from the inside. (One of the family that got it too). Ron and Jay mortgaged and borrowed every penny they could against all their and company property. They sold most all assets and then filed BANKRUPTCY hiding all their money in trusts and other peoples names slick of them.
    Same source also said they are now a collections agency, wonder if I could put them in collections? Probably not. OH Well. By the way Scott is still suppose to work there answering and returning phone calls to the 877-255-059 number yes left off last digit. 2 lol. But my understanding is its selective call returning, Maybe if you called and said you owed them money and wanted to square account.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.