goin to marten

Discussion in 'Marten' started by TNspeedy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. riddlemethis

riddlemethis Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    You have to have at least 6 months of experience Big Sgt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LooneyTune

LooneyTune Just plain nuts

Sep 12, 2009
    Ottawa, Illinois
    No. You need a minimum of 6 months for Marten.

4. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    They use to do students and are thinking about doing a small amount of training in the future. But it will be a very selective program if they do.

5. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Here soon, perhaps a lot of companies MAY be changing their policy !!!

6. whydontchahey

whydontchahey Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Ohio
    Hey TN. Did u stay in trucking or decide it wasnt ur thing?

7. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    And so which drivers lounge was this floating around.

If not a drivers lounge, who in Mondovi is saying this. Marten already trouble with it's Safe Stat score, and it's now back dow where they like it. Adding a CDL mill will only cause that score to go back up. And i doubt Randy wants that.

8. horse-sense

horse-sense Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2007
    calif
    is it true they are going to electronic logs ??? how about randy in the seat, i understand he now has very little to do with the company and has left it to the "others to do while he plays" can't say i would blame him but leaving it to others sometimes can lead to "control freaks" trying to make there improvement over a well established system and really screw up a good thing. this has happened countless times to other companies when the boss decide relax his grip alittle. these rumors has put me on hold when i was just about to make my move. any feed back on this??

9. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    This came from recruiting and that why IF they do it it will be very select.

As for the EOBR. It's true. They have been testing it for the last year. allot of companies are looking at this and the Fed's are looking at make it required for all trucks. So if you intend to stay in this industry you and better get use to the idea. Cause it's a fact of the changing industry.

10. TNspeedy

TNspeedy Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    yea im still drivin...small company mostly local stuff......i am an hourly driver now (i pretend i am a truck driver lol) pull mostly double drop and detachables ever now and then i pull a van or a flat

11. txanakonda

txanakonda Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2009
    San
    idk if they take a rookie, call recruiting. i was fired for log violations, at first i was pissed but it was a blessing. i wouldn't recommend working for them because i know for a fact that they will fire you in a heartbeat if u screw up. happened to me and many others. but getting fired from them and being left without a truck made me wanna own my own truck so
    that don't ever happen again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.