going around ports in co and ks

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by MrBullfrog92, Nov 10, 2009.

1. MrBullfrog92

MrBullfrog92 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Ok im going to ferry a truck that i am going to buy from denver colorado to springfield mo. if i take I-70 east i should hit 2 ports. the one in limon and the one just as you get into kansas. after that it should be clear all the way to springfield with the route im gona take. once the truck is in springfield its gona stay and operate there and will never see a port again.

I really hate ports. my limited experience with them is that they are just a bunch of money hungry thieves. they are really just another form of a gang. i like to refer to them as the blue gang. protect and serve my but more like harras and extort. worst ones is when ya hit a port with female officers (gang members). for some reason you put a ##### in a uniform they get a god complex.

Anyhow enough of my ranting lol. so my plan is to take a route north of limon hwy 36 out into kansas past the point of the kansas port and then south to I-70. after that it should be smooth sailing. what do yo guys think of that plan. I know i run the risk of getting an evading the port ticket. and hell yea ill admit thats what im doing as i dont know why i would willingly want to stick my hand into the mouth of an alligator.

anybody know an esier way around???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    get your map out,run 36 east to 59 south to 96 east to 385 south.385 south granada co. go east at granada to hwy 50-400 in ks. run 400 east across ks to. the mo. line. at the mo. line take 171 east to carthage mo.,then 96 east throught carthage to i 44. 400 is good running across ks.,no scales,65 mph speed limit,run the speed limit & the law won't bother you. good luck

MrBullfrog92 Thanks this.
  4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    oh and watch out for portables, it's harvest season, the portable are out like crazy

MrBullfrog92 Thanks this.
  5. MrBullfrog92

MrBullfrog92 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2009
    thanks for the info. i use 400 to get to whitchita from springfield. yea it is good road. I will try that route and thanks again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.