Going for "Hotshot CDL" with deleted truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by JLeeSEGA, Jul 18, 2022.

1. JLeeSEGA

JLeeSEGA Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2022
    I have a CDL road test appt. next week in Georgia. My truck is deleted. Will this be a problem to show up and do a Pre-trip with a deleted truck?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Is it really obvious parts are
    Missing ?

4. JLeeSEGA

JLeeSEGA Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2022
    Thanks for the response. No it is not obvious. The potential problem that I see is the Ga. Cdl manual says in the Pre-Trip section: Check the Def tank to insure adequate DEF and check that DEF dash indicator light is working. Obviously that's not possible for me to do, so, I suppose my question is how do you respond..... do you just ignore and perhaps lose points?? does a lack of noting those points draw a question from the examiner?? I'm having no luck finding an answer to this.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Can you borrow a truck from another hotshot driver?
    You could get some heavy fines for a deleted truck unless you can convince the officer you didn't know it was that way when you bought the truck and he gives you a break.

6. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Um a missing Def Tank is kind of obvious. Just saying. LOL

7. JLeeSEGA

JLeeSEGA Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2022
    Thanks for the post. Today, I have gained some clarity. The DEF tank is still there and the indicator can be accessed in a system check that says it's good.

8. SMK Shoe

SMK Shoe Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Just do the pretrip properly. You are being tested on doing a proper pretrip, not being tested on the vehicle serviceability. If the def tank is there and the gauge works, State the " DEF tank is properly mounted and secured, no missing hardware, no external damage" and " Def gauge is mounted properly, and reading within normal range". I was a Third Party Examiner for North Carolina, You are being evaluated on your ability to do the inspection, not the faults of the vehicle.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.