Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Large companies like Knight or Swift are good for new drivers to 'cut their baby teeth,' but after1-3 yrs, shud look for a smaller co. (50-100 trucks) with more of a 'family environment and where their driver skills & reputation are recognized, not lost in the crowd!'

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Sad_Panda and Misesian Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kropotkin75

Kropotkin75 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    I have been driving almost 16 years and I just started with Knight in Gulfport about a month ago.
    I went with Knight because it was close to my house and I know they have loads that they pick up all around my house.
    I have had problems with companies getting me home.
    I have been with small and medium sized companies and to be honest knight is not that bad but I know about trucking and know everyday won't be great.
    It hasn't seemed like a big company so far. Everyone in Gulfport is ok.
    I have nothing to complain about.

Trucking is what it is and most companies are the same and so far that's the case with Knight.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Chewbongka and TB John Thank this.
  4. Kropotkin75

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    Some of us older drivers don't mind getting lost in crowd. I just want to do my job and be left alone.
    So far, knight is letting me do that.
    I just haul the loads they give me and don't complain.
    I just need a check and they need a driver. The day that doesn't work out then I will move on.

5. Kropotkin75

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    One more thing. I want to go home every other weekend and they are doing that for me.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    He bought a truck from the outside and left knight... He took his truck somewhere else

7. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I responded earlier. No worries. Knight was good to me but they closed my terminal. That pushed me to take the truck elsewhere. I still recommend Knight as a good place for company drivers.

8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Refrigerated side was always better than dry side...dry side is screwed up...

OverDrive and Misesian Thank this.
  9. Chewbongka

Chewbongka Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm on the dry side. I don't see what there is to complain about but I work mostly the east coast and Midwest, I've heard things can be slower for the western division, I could see how that could piss off some drivers looking for mileage.

So far the only thing that tests my patience on a daily basis is the lack of speed with the zonar system. It just smacks of trying to save pennies with a slow system when for a little bit more money they could have used a more modern tablet with faster processing.

Being a tech guy I like my computers lightning fast so having to deal with a slow tablet really grinds my gears some days. Sometimes I feel like it's the 1990's again and I'm waiting for my dial up modem to whirl up and finally connect to the intertubes.

10. Kropotkin75

Oct 2, 2015
    Axis, Al
    The zonar is soooo slow. Yea, that's the only complaint I have also.
    You are just sitting waiting trying to log off and waiting and waiting and waiting.

11. morpheus

morpheus Medium Load Member

Jun 12, 2014
    You said it!! I am 51 and just want to do my job and be left alone.

bigmikectn and JJSKOA Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.