Going Over the Road with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Misesian, May 23, 2014.

1. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Well, here's my suggestions. Idleair, shorepower(in combo with your widow AC unit), and the good old fashion get a room.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Unless things change the truck I would be assigned would be a 9 speed. Guess the ishift haven't made it to this office yet. If I drove an auto though Ishift would be my first choice.

4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

you not think it would be wiser to actually wait until you get a job with KNIGHT before putting all the worry into it ?

GabeScott Thanks this.
  5. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I am not worried at all. No matter where I end up my goal would be 10% idle or less. It is just something I mentioned briefly in one post and some have run away with it. It is just a preference or personal goal of mine; that is all.

I think I will touch base with my recruiter tomorrow. She was positive I would know this week when my orientation would be. They want to do it within the first week or two of August. Probably wait until after lunch hours tomorrow and giver her a call. I want to get the day(s) scheduled off at my current job before my boss leaves out for an extended period off work.

6. JimDucan

JimDucan Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Look kiddo, the new Volvos are iShift, the Freightliners are also shushboxes. All the fleets are rolling out this way. Maybe you should listen to people who know for once.

7. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Your complaint has already been addressed in previous posts. And Kiddo is not appropriate. Also see previous post on that subject. I have 7.5 years experience in trucking and am well aware of the technology available and trends affecting the industry. My lack of experience is on the driving side and I have limited knowledge of Knight.

8. ChefBrianN

ChefBrianN Light Load Member

May 10, 2014
    Michigan and Colorado
    You know, you started this thread two months ago today. Myself and some other people were following this thread simply because we were curious as to how your experience was coming along at Knight. As yet you have no experience with that company and it appears that you are simply here to argue with other drivers about a company and their equipment...which as yet you haven't even climbed into. I guess I'll do a thread search on Knight and see if some of my questions are answered in another forum as it seems that they won't be answered here.

9. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    I drive a 2015 Volvo (not with knight) with the ishift and I love it, I'm very surprised how much I like it I told myself I'd never drive auto but this truck is too nice to be mad about doing less work

bigmikectn, 27butterfly and ChefBrianN Thank this.
  10. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I disagree. I mentioned some things in a few sentences within posts that some have latched onto. As someone mentions something I believe to be inaccurate I address it. If information is presented validating their position I drop it. This was the case with ishift and 9 speed discussion and I haven't mentioned it further. My information was based on the home terminal I have been in contact with and what they have available (9 speeds) so I was not aware of what other terminals may be doing (ishifts). I still have every intention of doing what I set out to do with this thread and am sorry for mentioning some the goals I had and the info I had heard from this particular terminal. As it does not apply to the rest of the terminals. My bad.

11. Misesian

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    @Ttrucker. If I did end up with an auto I would prefer ishift over any others out there. ishift, in my opinion, is the best out there in autos. Based on what I have read and observed. Maybe someday I will drive one too.

T_TRUCKER• Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.