Going to look at this truck next week

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by feldsforever, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    14L has a better bull gear. Called Compact bull gear. No more roller bearings, suppose to be much better design than the 12.7s

feldsforever Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Keep looking, getting familiar with prices and conditions. No hurry, prices aren’t going anywhere for a while. Next March maybe, maybe not. Never know. Regardless, better to be content with final decision. Never a hurry, unless it’s such a great deal, you have to act fast. Or if a Truck is needed ASAP, to make revenue. In that case, you pay what’s needed. Cash deals work best when credits tight, or it’s an old Truck, hard to finance. Sometimes it’s better to spend a little more, and avoid a lot of repairs, and be further ahead. I’m a firm believer in buying a Truck you like, and want. Makes all the difference in personal satisfaction, makes the Job more enjoyable. Makes spending money on repairs less painful. Being practical has its place. Being happy should be at the top of the list. What works for big fleets is different for a single O/O.

4. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Exit strategy? Retirement, or only keeping the truck for that time frame?

feldsforever Thanks this.
  5. Stone Express

Stone Express Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    It is not so much what you spend, but what you take home.

If the interior is rough or abused, I would run, nor walk.

feldsforever and tommymonza Thank this.
  6. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    So many used preemission trucks I looked at looked like wild animals fought in them . It got me quite. Discouraged about finding a halfway decent truck .

staceydude and feldsforever Thank this.
  7. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Exit strategy buying a motorcycle next.

8. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019

Don't give up. Keep looking for the diamond in the rough. I'm only looking at this truck because its 1.5 hours from my house.

Theres a really great looking classic on facebook used semis and trailers. Only 14k. Thing is gourgus

9. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    14AF5080-EC15-464C-8101-CA2F4A889A0A.jpeg E677AED3-4436-417E-B890-BB2F7A639D5A.jpeg
    I already happened upon mine.it wasn’t what I was looking for. But turned out it was better than I originally had in mind and one owner maintained.

1997 international 9300 eagle n-14 13 speed
    Million175. All original but the heads being done at a million.

Starts right up in the coldest of weather and doesn’t blow one puff of smoke at startup or going through the gears

First thing that sold me on this truck was the only item inside the truck that didn’t look as new, was the steering wheel and the original drivers seat .

Didn’t stink inside of cigarettes and truckdriver farts either.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.