Gomotive (keeptruckin) ELD is acting up, what to do in the meantime

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by RunningAces, May 28, 2023.

1. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    When I open DOT Inspection mode the final three days, so log days 8, 7, and 6, show only a blank white page. Their tech support emailed me after I contacted them saying they are working on it but there doesn't seem to be a fix ready yet.

That's what's going, I need advice on what to do in the meantime to keep my logs legal. I've got a 100% clean inspection rate and want to keep it that way.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    If I'm understanding the problem correctly, it's that you cannot display all days in your recap.

If I had that going on, I might consider printing out each day on paper once certified, as a backup.

That said, the paper backup accomplishes the intent but does not make you fully compliant. In other words, less likely to catch a violation but not completely. You'd have proof that your reported recap is true, but also that the ELD is exhibiting a malfunction. Following the regs related to ELD failure (paper logs, document the ELD fail/repair process) would be the safer bet, although I would personally do the workaround I described and take my chances. Without deliberately avoiding scales, I still manage to only see 1 or 2 inspections a year on a busy year.

RunningAces, Old_n_gray and Siinman Thank this.
  4. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    After posting that I thought of another thing. If the problem is just with your unit's ability to render a simulated logbook page, the data for it may still be ok. Is there an admin portal you can log into and also see those pages? Is it doing the same thing?

Reason I thought of that is: I caught a level 2 in WI last year and the cop gave me an email address to use that option. If I recall, they get a text file in a standard format that they use in their crime fighting tools to detect problems. He never asked to access the unit in the truck, so if it had failed to display a page but the data came in good, he'd never know.

RunningAces and Siinman Thank this.
  5. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Yep I agree as long as it is logged it will be fine. They just ask for an email from the app and then they go from there. Never had anyone check my details on the app it self.
    I would log into the portal and see what your logs look like if you run your own ELD.

RunningAces Thanks this.
  6. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    If it is not displaying correctly and is showing an error then you have the ability to switch to paper logs for up to 8 days while Motive fixes the issue. If you think it will take longer than 8 days immediately apply for an extension from FMCSA to allow 30 days to correct the error.

RunningAces and Siinman Thank this.
  7. RunningAces

Jul 2, 2017
    Just to show what the final three days look like when I go to inspection mode here is a screenshot. May 21st and 22nd also look like this but the other days are normal.

Attached Files:

8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Did you try the report from the internet manager?

RunningAces Thanks this.
  9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Hold down the app icon, and you should get a little pop up with an i in a circle. Click that. Click "Force Stop" then click "Storage and cache". Select "Clear cache" and close everything. Open the app back up and see if it loads now.

mitmaks and RunningAces Thank this.
  10. RunningAces

Jul 2, 2017
    Thanks but it didn't work. Tried clearing the cache, the data, reinstalling, and lastly I installed the app on my wife's phone and accessed the account. No dice.

11. RunningAces

Jul 2, 2017
    The only place affected seems to be on the DOT Inspection mode option. Where you edit and view logs etc all show up normally.

Siinman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.