Good companies that hire recent CDL grads in the Dallas, TX?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by down2marz, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's three food service companies in your area that hire new cdl school grads.
    Hard work with lots of manual labor. Pay is way above the average for Dallas/Ft. Worth.
    ~
    Labatt Food Service
    $65,000 - $90,000 a year

Labatt Food Service is now hiring for a Student Driver at the Dallas location. Must be able to provide a valid Texas Class A Permit or Texas Class A CDL.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Sysco
    Lewisville, TX
    • Recent driving school graduates welcome
    • Sysco’s Benefits, visit Sysco Benefits
    • upload_2022-4-16_8-12-35.jpeg

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    SYGMA Network (General)
    Texas
    $70,000 - $102,000 a year
    Complete the SYGMA online driver application
    upload_2022-4-16_8-15-16.jpeg

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    JRayL Transport
    Dallas, TX
    Couple of drivers on this forum drive for JRayL out of Dallas. Maybe they'll see this post and verify.
    ~
    Hires new cdl school grads and has local & regional.
    Weekly pay is very good.
    JRayl is hiring Dedicated CDL Class A Truck Drivers in Dallas, TX. Our dedicated run offers a choice between either $1,400 weekly pay or $0.70 per mile. Some of our other benefits include:
    • Customizable home time
    • Medical
    • Dental
    • Vision
    • 401K w/ company match
    • No touch freight
    • upload_2022-4-16_8-20-23.jpeg

down2marz Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    In reference to Post #11
    Here's one option DOT in Saginaw has out of several options:
    www.drivefordot.com
    4x3 Flip
    In this job you will be dispatched out for 4 – 7 days at a time.

Work a rotating weekly schedule of 4 days on, 3 days off one week and then 3 days on, 4 days off the next week. – We call this is our 4x3 Flip, which guarantees more home time!

down2marz Thanks this.
  8. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017

9. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    By all means, avoid those megas you mentioned. They all suck beyond out loud! KLLM & FFE are ones to highly avoid. Chinatown gave sound advise as always. Stay out from under a contract if seeking company CDL training. Roadmaster is owned by Werner. Avoid as well.

WesternPlains and down2marz Thank this.
  10. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Not all megas 'abuse' you. I started with Swift and they have treated me very well and I've stayed with them. Perhaps I could make a bit more elsewhere. But, my pay isn't bad. I'm at 54.5 cpm. However, money is not the only factor. I have wonderful relationships with the folks I deal with at Swift, they run me mostly where and how I prefer to run, treat me with respect and don't lie to me. I know others have bad experiences with megas, to include Swift. But, I haven't. That's why I'm still with them. In general there are 3 things I enjoy with Swift. 1. If, for whatever reason, I feel weather and road conditions are such that I should park it and wait. They never have given me any push back or retaliation. They have given me the unreproched authority to stop if I feel that I should. 2. We have terminals in many places that are generally a pain in the neck to find parking. Phoenix, Inland Empire (CA), Seattle, Denver, Atlanta, Portland and others. I don't have to worry about parking anytime of the day or night. Just bop over to one of our terminals and I'll have a place to park. 3. Anytime, anyplace I have an issue with my truck or trailer, be it a flat, breakdown or whatever. 24/7/365 I only have to make 1 phone call. They assess what help I need and send it to me or send me to them, whatever the situation warrants. I don't have to figure out where or how to get help. They do all that, I just make a single phone call. Those are 3 general things with Swift not specific to me.
    I'm not saying you should go with Swift, it wasn't meant that way. Just wanted the record straight that not everyone and all situations with megas are inferior.
    Anyway, regardless of where you end up, best of luck to you.

Blue jeans, bryan21384 and down2marz Thank this.
  11. down2marz

down2marz Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2022

Thank you @Chinatown I'm gonna put all this information to good use! I will call around and see which training schools they accept. Is Continental better than Roadmaster? They both have good google reviews.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.