Good Company for a New Driver

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by mtbcates, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtbcates

mtbcates Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2006
    What is a good company to start out with. Looking for good home time with a southeast run out of Alabama. Any help ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rook

Rook Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Texas
    Getting a regional run looks like something that only drivers who "put their time in", so to speak, get. I am going to work for CFI, they have good regional positions but you have to get on a waiting list just to get in on one. :confused1:

4. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Try Romero Trucking

5. overheard

overheard Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Woodville, Alabama
    Try McElroy Trucking, they are a flatbed company and they are located in Cuba, Alabama. I have been with this company for six months now and really like them, I am home every weekend and only run the southeast. They are out of Cuba, AL. For more info please message me and I will answer what I can. Remember I am only home on weekends so if you p.m. me then I will answer on weekends. Thanks

6. joendeniese

joendeniese Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Dixie
    Yep. USF Glen Moore. Terminals in Knoxville and Carlisle PA. talk to Johanna in recruiting at Carlisle. (She used to drive and won't lie to ya.)
    We used to team with them...three and a half years later, hubby is still with them. A good amount of freight in and out of AL. Great dispatchers!

7. thunderhead_driver

thunderhead_driver Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Milan Express, based out of Milan Tennessee, however terminals in Birmingham, Montgomery and Mobile. Unless they've changed their rules, they get home every weekend, guaranteed. They want u to park their trucks at their terminal though.

8. voltopher

voltopher Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2006
    nashville, tn
    This is false, my experience with them has been very dissapointing for the most part. There are some good ones , but the majority lie to you regularly about appts. etc. , just to get you to accept load and move freight. This post about "great dispatchers" needs to be questioned...:biggrin_2559:

9. yeyo661

yeyo661 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread and section.

10. Scoob

Scoob Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    wyandotte, mi
    Has anyone heard anything good or know about Hogan. If its a good company to start with or not.

11. HankSterling

HankSterling Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace,FL
    Try May Trucking. Terminal in Pensacola and loads out of Alabama.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.