Good GPS App for Kingston & Ottawa, ON

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Dorchester, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    You know, it's not like Kingston or Ottawa have a lot of traffic, or a lot of crazy roads. Montreal, yeah, maybe. Toronto, you could use Waze to avoid traffic jams on the highways. But just to get around these two little 'podunk' cities? Still, I guess if you are the type who can get lost trying to find the bathroom, maybe it's worth the money.
    I've found that most long-term truckers have good spatial abilities. I got to the point that I rarely needed more than local direction from the shippers and receivers to get from and to my destination without needing to look at a map for any reason; at least east of the Mississippi river. Last trip I took to the west coast, I didn't even need it for that! Chicago? Know that city like the back of my hand... NYC? No problem, aside from all the traffic...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. classicxl

classicxl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2006

I’m going to guess you’ve never been through ottawa during rush hour and with some of the routes that take you through downtown Ottawa . If you’re new to the area it’s definitely a challenge during the busy hours with traffic . try delivering to some of the loblaws stores in downtown ottawa on residential streets where you have to blind side it into the dock . It can be a nightmare in ottawa

Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.