Good Job Martin Transportation Systems MTS

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by catalinaflyer, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indianabuck

Indianabuck Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2014
    south central indiana
    Impeding traffic is an automatic fail offense on cdl driving test. He would have failed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Send a copy of the video to MTS, let them decide.

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Your not going to change the publics or even my perception of trucking these days.
    If your carrier is paying by the mile and has a HOS clock going tic toc in the drivers mind. They pretty much are saying that moving freight is more important then safety. Sure they talk safety, but then they pay by the mile. That promotes safety?
    You are going to be faced with this kind of behavior because carriers, shippers and receivers waste driving time under the current increasingly inflexible HOS rules and that breeds bad habits .
    The whole system is geared to rush around and beat the buzzer and cram as many miles as you can into the fewest minutes.
    And the seats are being filled with desperate drivers deep in debt and doing a job they are not cut out for.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Does'nt get better said then this post right here.

Csnemrod Thanks this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That happens in the LTL sector as well.

My load Friday had 22 drops on it, 4 of which were in a town that I didn't even bother wasting the fuel to go to because the latest customer to close there closed an hour before I left the previous town.

Couldn't have covered all that if I'd started two hours earlier. :banghead:

On top of that, you have idiots in the office that make residential delivery appointments before the freight even arrives, IF it arrives. That usually means having to hold the driver covering that route until all the linehauls arrive because heaven forbid the company should have to admit they screwed up and have egg on their face. :rolleyes:

7. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    I don't typically venture out of the flatbed section. I only read this thread because I saw catalina had posted & I thought it might be interesting. After reading, it is no wonder why the open deck and heavy haulers keep getting banned when venturing into the door slammer sections. I am heading back where I belong. Too many well informed and well thought out opinions here for me.

tsavory, Chewy352, haulhand and 6 others Thank this.
  8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Since I do a fair amount of running in industrial parks, I've fallen onto the havit of basically creeping along til I find the driveway I'm looking for. Too many idiots (mostly local daycab drivers, but some regional/OTR guys too) racing out into the street trying to pack 16 hours worth of work into a 12 hour day.

Industry leaders (no matter the industry) are so busy cutting corners on payroll and demanding more productivity out of fewer employees to boost the bottom line creates situations like this.

9. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Upon reviewing the video, I find you both at fault. Driver #1 blew the stop sign but you were behind the tree at the time which is why he kept going. You look like you were going above or at the posted speed but you did not slow down at all or move to the left. Smith System Key #1 driver, Aim high in steering......

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I must disagree.

I can't tell if there was a stop sign where the MTS truck exited, but it certainly does look like he came out at an angle, which creates a blind spot that he obviously didn't bother to check. Even if the tree was creating a "line of sight" issue, had the other driver taken a second to double check, CF would have then emerged from any blocked line of sight caused by that tree.

And what was the posted speed limit?

We don't know that either, but according the CF's dashcam he's going 38 mph.

True, but that doesn't change the fact that CF has the right-of-way.

If you watch the numbers at the bottom, you can see he did start braking just before the video ended.

Also, moving to the left wouldn't have done him any good because the other truck shot straight out to the left lane, presumably so CF can pass by on his right while he accelerates. That still doesn't justify failure to yield the right-of-way though.

Lonesome, skootertrashr6 and truckon Thank this.
  11. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I am not disagreeing with you Mack, but just because the driver is in the right does not justify being an ###. He could have slowed down before it was necessary. It seems all drivers (cars and trucks) think they are VIP's. How many times a day do you turn on your turn signal and the jerk in the next lane speeds up so you cannot move over? The roads are disgusting out there. Excuse me, the driving behavior is disgusting.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.