Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Only via MAC 30 … I gave it 3 months after Knight took over. I had stayed with Swift for 3 reasons … !. Command. 2. I liked working with the people at Swift in general and my terminal in particular. 3. And the convenience of the terminal to my home. Reasons 2 and 3 couldn't make up for the loss of revenue and flexibility of reason 1.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Jurupa valley terminal.
    Delivered the load to priority one in la Mirada this morning. In and out before my 1100 appt time. Sweet.
    Originally had a Pre plan to dumped this empty trailer in chino. Called dm to confirm and he said he had a load in Cars on that need to be picked up and recalled here.
    Macy merchandiser Inc in Carson ca. Place is really tight. Couldn't make the turn around container and wall. Had to back up and just park it in front of trailers. Let the yard dogs park it.
    Found my loaded trailer and same issue. Sleeper truck to.long to get it out. Would have ended up scraping the trailer next to it. So had a yard dog yank it out for me.
    Another swift driver came behind me as I was hooking up and I told him what I did. Hope he did it.
    Talked the load here and now off till Thursday.
    Gonna try and vote some of these democrats out of office

4. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    I'm still alive. And I'm still in Vegas.

Didnt know if id be able to stick to a dedicated route but over a year later. I've discovered you barely recognize the fact you've done the same trip about 300 times.

Welcome back steve.

I'll try to check in more.... But frankly, I'm always up to some insanity these days.

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Really?
    Because I go crazy when I'm on the same route back and forth for days and days on end.

Does dedicated really mean brain dead, or just indifferent?!

6. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    I just kinda do my thing, I'm done before I know it. About 3-4 months in the burn out was hard.

But I fell into my stride, and I guess I just stopped caring, learned to take it easy and still get the job done. Stress levels way down.

And I think the constant planning what I'm going to do next outside the truck kinda helps me not be too bothered by it.

Still have pretty much the same boredom remedies I had OTR.

So yeah, it's just indifference. It's like any 12 hour a day job. Once your done, you forget the day completely and resume normal life.

I've considered going OTR for some quicker savings, but I'm in no hurry to do it. I'm just content, which is odd since I've spent my first 30 years not being content. I'm just kinda enjoying myself and my situation.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    That sums up me being OTR, as well.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  8. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Got a Pre plan this morning for when I get back Thursday
    Picks up in real to ca( live load) at 1000 and going to Lebanon or for a 1715 on th 9th. Gonna have to hussle on this load.
    Btw.... my vote didn't count as usual.

FerrissWheel and Rugerfan Thank this.
  9. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Petro in Spokane wa.
    Delivered that load to Lebanon or. Pre plan I got on the way there said to pick up another load at 0600 this morning. Load was ready last night when I dropped the other load. So picked it up and ran to flying j at ex 178 off the 5.
    Delivers tomorrow at 1700 13 miles from here.
    Alot of white crap on the ground and it was 33 when I got here at 1400

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    No snow here in Wells, NV. It will get fairly cold tonight, though.

Looks like I'm being sucked back in to the black hole of the west.
    Had a load to Littleton, CO, and from there to Salt Lake City. Now I'm headed to Antioch/Concord/Danville, CA on a Kimberly Clark load to 3 Costco's.

My load assignment notes said that with multi-stop loads I can take my break at the first stop. With a 0500 appointment and no truck stops nearby, I guess that is my best option. I'll have to make sure to fill my coffee mug on the way so I can reheat it in the morning. I need my morning coffee.

I love that Kimberly Clark in Ogden, UT. They are so easy and quick.
    But the QC directions are so bogus. Take the recommended exit, but then just follow the GPS. Really easy... take the exit and go east. At the first light take a right and KC is about a mile on the left.
    But the QC directions are all askew, with a warning about overweight in the first part and totally insane and wrong in the second part.

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I think it is about time to talk to my DM and see if she can plan me something headed east from there.
    She loves to plan loads for us, and sometimes they even stick.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.